Chapter 77: Mr. Shukla's Decision (4)

Harsh had an idea. “Your man and I will split up and flank the enemy. Once we’re in position, send up the flares.”

The garrison officer agreed to his proposal. He gave Harsh a special headset: it was what the garrison troops were using to communicate with one another. “Let me know once
you’re in position.”

Harsh put on the Special Task Force uniform. He pulled a full-face mask over his head, before strapping a bulletproof helmet over it. He crept towards left wing in the dark, armed and at the ready.

Sidharth watched from inside the Humvee.

Not long after, the garrison officer heard Harsh and the other gunsman over his headset.

“We’re in position.”

The garrison officer immediately gave the order to send up the flares.

More than a dozen flares were launched into the night sky.

They were so bright that the heavy rain sparkled like colorful glass beads.

The bamboo forest in front of them was instantly illuminated and the night was clear as day: the two gangsters, dressed in black, were standing near large boulders deep inside the bamboo forest, their startled faces squinting at the brightness.

Rat-a-tat-a-tat!

Harsh did not hesitate to unload his clip on the gangster nearest to him, on his left. He was a much better shot than the gunsman from the local garrison.

His bullets were right on the mark; he shot the gangster’s assault rifle right out of his hands. He reloaded and shot a hail of bullets at him. The gangster collapsed backwards onto the muddy ground of the bamboo forest.

The rain water trickling out of the bamboo forest on the left turned red and deeper into the ground.

On the right, the gunsman from the garrison had also leapt into action. He unloaded his clip on the other gangster and riddled him with bullets.

At the same time, another figure emerged from behind the fallen thug. They crawled on the wet ground, keeping close to the thickly clustered bamboo stalks that lined the wall surrounding left wing, before slipping into the courtyard through a hidden door in the wall.

Harsh dropped to the ground and rolled over to his partner. He panted heavily. “There’s another one? Where’d he go?!”

The man pointed at the gate to left wing dejectedly.

“He went inside.”

“What? Already?” Harsh got to his feet, and prepared to move forward.

Suddenly, the sounds of gunfire rang out from inside

Left wing, louder and more powerful than an assault rifle!

Inside the Humvee, Sidharth reflexively sat up at the sound of the gunfire.

This wasn’t an ordinary gunshot—this was the sound of an American M134 Minigun Deepak, too, had noted the difference. The color drained from his face.”Holy sh*t! How do they have a
Minigun?!”

The gunfire flashed from the window of the main building in left wing; from afar, the light bursts looked like bird of
paradise flowers blooming in the rainy night—fiery, winged, and deadly.

The gate opening into left wing was wide open, but no one was able to enter the courtyard.

The Minigun was just too powerful. They would be mowed down by a round of bullet, if they could even manage to make it past the doors.