Chapter 61: Concentric Circles (4)

The black SUV parked before the resort villa’s administration building belonged to the Big Circle Boys.

Once they had confirmed that the seniors of C University’s law department would be coming here for their graduation trip, the Big Circle Boys had made frequent trips to the villa.

They had visited the villa more than ten times now, just to stake out the place and work out the logistics. They were back again, and this time they had driven straight to the administration building after entering from the gate.

Jeetu Yadav, the leader of the Big Circle Boys, got out a key he had prepared in advance, and led his men directly to the managing director’s office, located on the top floor of the
administration building.

They quickly subdued the managing director’s security personnel, before rushing into the director’s office to take him hostage.

The director turned out to be an unexpected windfall for them. They had originally planned on killing him right off the bat, but the moment they rushed in the director had immediately proposed that they spare him in exchange for money: five million rupees!

The Big Circle Boys were after money.
An extra five million rupees, and all they had to do was add the director to their hostage list. It was easy money, and they saw no reason to refuse. So instead of killing him, they tied him up and knocked him out before shoving him under the table.

Since the director was willing to co-operate, it was now much easier for these Big Circle Boys to carry out their plans.

Shehnaaz swam effortlessly, and before long she was already swimming near left wing.

She deliberately swam towards the spot where she was sure she had seen someone jump off the passageway and into the lake. She circled the area, but did not find anything strange under the water.

What was going on?

Was she making a fuss over nothing?

Perhaps she had been hanging with the Special Ops men for far too long, and she was now turning into one of those paranoid conspiracy theorists…

Shehnaaz inwardly chided herself for being silly, before flipping over gracefully to swim on her back. The moment she flipped over, she caught something dark green and fluorescent from the corner of her eye. It had come from one of the back walls of left wing that was facing Little Mirror Lake.

Shehnaaz’s eyes widened. She immediately looked towards the wall, and there it was: another one of those concentric circles, the ◎ marking!

This discovery made Shehnaaz’s heart sink again. She was about to swim closer for a better look when she heard splashes coming from left wing; it was the sound of people getting into the water.

A few of her fellow students from Class One and Class Two had decided to go for a swim as well.

She did not want them to see her. She quickly dove below the surface, and swam back to right wing.

As she climbed the stairs leading to the terrace, dark clouds drifted towards the moon, blotting out the bright moonlight.

The villa was now completely dark. Shehnaaz stealthily made her way back to her room under the cover of
darkness.

“Back already? How was Little Mirror Lake? Fun?” Lady Singh had showered, and was now sitting on the bed before her laptop, adding the finishing touches to her graduation thesis. She heard Shehnaaz enter through the door, looked up at her, and said, with a click of her tongue, “Wonders, I had no idea. Sana, you’re really busty for your age.”