Chapter 189 - A Piece Of My Mind

Sidharth raised the phone to his ear. He stood with his free hand in his trouser pocket as he nonchalantly said: “…You better have a very good reason for calling me.”

Deepak was silent for a full second on the other end of the line. He asked, in a trembling voice, “…S-Sir, is that you?!”

“Yeah.”

“Y-Y-You… Why are you…”

“Sana wasn’t feeling well last night, so I checked on her.” Sidharth left it at that. “Is that all? If you have nothing urgent to discuss, I’m hanging up. And stop calling Sana’s phone.”

Deepak was sitting in front of several monitors, watching the second floor of Sidharth’s official residence through the surveillance cameras.

He saw Sidharth come out of Shehnaaz’s bedroom after ending the phone call and return to his master bedroom.

So Shehnaaz was sick, and quite seriously, too. She had to be—why would Mr. Shukla go to the trouble of staying the entire night in her room and looking after her, if she wasn’t?

Deepak could not help his brotherly concern. He had shared the same apartment with Shehnaaz in the United States, and had once stayed up the entire night to tend to her when she had been feeling unwell, too. He knew that Shehnaaz had just donated her bone marrow, which made him all the more worried about her health.

After thinking about it, Deepak called Sandeep on his phone. “Dr. Sandeep, Mr. Shukla said that Sana wasn’t feeling well last night. Can you go check on her?”

“She wasn’t feeling well last night? I didn’t hear anything
about that from the Boss. It probably isn’t serious…” Sandeep was still half asleep. He clutched at his blanket, unwilling to get out of bed.

Deepak was worried. “But Mr. Shukla spent the whole night looking after her—it’s gotta be serious! You better go check on her… I mean, she just donated her bone marrow, and was out like a light for a few days. You haven’t forgotten all that, have you?”

Sandeep was immediately wide awake. He sat up on the bed, wrapping his blanket tight around him, and asked agitatedly: “What was that? He looked after Sana the whole night? Where did that happen?”

“In Sana’s bedroom, duh!”

“Ohhhhhh. Sana’s bedroom, eh? Hehe…” Sandeep laughed in a suggestive manner. “Okay, got it. I’ll go check on her in a minute.”

He ended the call and stared
vacantly at his phone for a full
minute. Suddenly, he burst into uncontrollable laughter, before diving back under his blankets to resume his beauty sleep.

He had been so busy he had barely slept a wink in the last five days. Nothing was going to pull him out of bed now.

As for Shehnaaz…

He knew her very well.

He did not for a second believed that she was sick—hell would sooner freeze over before that happened!

So the Boss had spent the night in her room. Sandeep smirked inwardly; he would tease him about it later, but for now Sandeep needed his beauty sleep…

After Sidharth hung up on Deepak, he left Shehnaaz’s phone on the bedside table before leaving her bedroom.

When entered his own bedroom, he checked his phone and discovered that Deepak had been telling the truth: he had made several attempts to call him, with the first attempt at five in the morning.

He unlocked his phone and called Deepak. “What is it? Make it quick, I’m going to take a shower.”

Deepak had just gotten off the phone with Sandeep.