Chapter 164 - With You (3)

This time, Sidharth only filled half the cup for Shehnaaz.

Vidyut did not mind. Shehnaaz was a young girl—he did not expect her to be a heavy drinker.

Shehnaaz saw that Sidharth did not object to her drinking more alcohol, and clinked glasses with Vidyut. She downed her cup.

Kushal saw what was going on, and walked over with his own cup to exclaim: “Wow, the girl can drink! Two cups in a row, and she’s still on her feet!”

“I know, right? She can really hold her alcohol.” Raghav gave a drunken burp. He was beginning to feel the effects of
all the alcohol; he stood up and said, “You guys go ahead and drink. I’m going out for a walk.”

Raghav’s girlfriend, Richa, was singing karaoke with Mrs. Tandon and Diksha on the other end of the private room, but she had been paying close attention to the dining table the entire time.
She saw that Raghav wanted to leave the room to walk off the alcohol. She followed after him to watch over and take care of him.

Kushal grabbed the beer bottle and filled Shehnaaz’s cup to the brim. He said to Sidharth, who was sitting nearby with a faint smile on his face, “Sid, it’s… it’s
my turn to drink with Little Gill. Don’t try to stop me—I’m gonna down my whole cup, but you can stop whenever you like, Little Gill.” With that, he tilted his head back and downed his cup.

Shehnaaz did not wait for Sidharth to speak: she was already up on her feet, her cup in her hand. She toasted Kushal. “Thank you for not looking down on me, Brother Kushal. I won’t disappoint you.” With that, she downed the contents of her cup.
She had been a little hasty and careless with her drinking. She coughed, and her face slowly turned red, like spilled rouge spreading across the first snow of winter. Flushed with alcohol, she was now even more beautiful and attractive: her rosy cheeks and her shimmering, misty eyes stoked the flames of love in all who laid eyes upon her.

Sidharth gave a start. He got to his feet and led Shehnaaz by the hand to a sofa behind the wine table. He gently patted her back to ease her breathing.

Kushal and Vidyut had seen many beautiful women, and considered themselves immune to them. Nevertheless, they stared openly at Shehnaaz’s flushed
face, entranced, and only recollected themselves when Sidharth glared at them. They grinned cheekily, returned to their seats, and began to play a drinking game.

“Five!”

“Six!”

“Four! Four! No, eight! Eight!”

Asim had bawled his eyes out, and downed another glass of alcohol. He was feeling a little nauseous, but could not get up from his chair. He squinted around the private room, and finally saw Diksha sitting behind the screen, in the middle of a karaoke song. He shouted: “Diksha! Diksha!”

Diksha turned to look at him, and knew at once that he was drunk and needed some fresh air. She said to Mrs. Tandon, “I’ll be right back.”

Mrs. Tandon was thinking of going out for a breather herself. She stood up and said, “Take care of Asim. I’m going out, too.”

She and Diksha stepped out from behind the screen and walked over to the dining table, where Vidyut and Kushal were still engrossed in their drinking game.

The two women did not bother the men.

Diksha helped Asim out the room. Mrs. Tandon followed behind them, and parted ways with them at an intersection. Diksha and Asim went into the unisex family-size bathroom, while Mrs. Tandon went to the ladies’ bathroom.

As soon as they had left, the private room seemed empty. There was now only the boisterous shouting between the
two men at the wine table as they continued their drinking game, underscored by the songs playing from the karaoke machine.