Chapter 68: Ripple Effect

In the Managing Director’s office, the leader of the Big Circle Boys, Jeetu, was staring at his stopwatch and holding a walkie-talkie in his other hand. He grit his teeth at the screams and commotion filtering through its speaker.

“The motherf*ckers! They killed Old Eight!”

A man soaked from the rain suddenly burst in. One hand gripped a sniper rifle, the leather glove of his other hand soaked red with the blood that was flowing from his shoulder.

“Boss!” he panted, “the cops know about this place! We need to clear out!” The man, Old Seven, had rushed back to their base as quickly as possible, after his run-in with the police force at the bamboo forest.

Though he had managed to stall them quite a bit, it had quickly become a evident to him that a change of plan was necessary.

Jeetu cursed again. “The cops know too?!” His brows were heavy. “Let our men know! Hurry up and bring those
three university students here; we have to get the h*ll out.”

He had planned on handling this calmly, but the cops had arrived earlier than anticipated. If they didn’t run now, they’d be sitting ducks.

“I’ll go now!” Old Third, who was keeping watch at the Managing Director’s office with Jeetu, picked up his gun and ordered his men to move out. He took a peek inside the main conference room as he passed by.

They locked the door from the outside and barricaded it with a metal rod. If the Managing Director woke up, he wouldn’t give them trouble so long as he was was locked away.

In right wing, Shehnaaz had been waiting for almost half an hour, but Brother Rao still hadn’t returned. Her heart was beating faster by the second. Parth crossed his arms and stood before the window as he looked at the rain; his eyes behind the gold rimmed frames were somber.

Strongman was hiding in the back of right wing, keeping a watch on the outside. Through a crack in the door, he saw two people carrying guns rush by on the path outside. He stiffened, scared that he would be discovered by
them. After he waited for the two to move farther away, he finally let out his breath and said to Parth in a hushed voice, “Class Rep, two people went towards left wing. I saw them carrying guns!”

“God, are they gonna do it? What will we do? Are we just sitting ducks?!” Little Temptress clutched her hand to her head as she shook it desperately. “No way, no way! I haven’t lived long enough! I can’t just die like this!”

“Of course not! We’re not alone.” Shehnaaz also stood in front of the window. She turned around, her eyes scanning the faces of everyone in the room. Shehnaaz’s flashed them a smile. Her face had no trace of anxiety or fear; she was confident in their survival. Her expression encouraged
everyone else.

“What do you plan on doing?” Parth looked over, his eyes drawn to her. It was this expression of hers, this kind
and resolute face, that always invaded his heart.

Shehnaaz selected a disposable raincoat from the pile that he resort staff had arranged in their room. She looked up at the bright, palace-style lanterns above their heads with a
smile. “I’ll trip the circuit breaker.”

With the cover of darkness, it’d be much easier for them to confuse the
criminals. This would reduce the criminals’ advantage and also alert the people who lived near the resort.

Shehnaaz was certain that the thugs didn’t have the time or incentive
to murder everyone in whole villa, otherwise they wouldn’t have spiked the food of the students in left wing.

Her friends caught on to her train of thought and began to launch a plan.

Parth quickly volunteered. “I’ll go, since I know where the circuit breaker is.”