Chapter 132 - False Hopes

“Parth?! He’s here in the States? And you met himtoo?” Rohit sipped his drink, the cool liquid quelling his rage towards Kartik. The news of Parth’s
appearance quickly commanded his attention, “What a coincidence?! You saw him randomly?”

This was a huge country, what were the chances of two classmates running into each other?

Shehnaaz detected Rohit’s animosity and displeasure towards Parth. She blinked her huge doe like eyes at him and said softly, “It wasn’t randomly. I’vekept in touch with Parth over text and told him our address before, so it wasn’t hard for him to find here. He’s
actually so nice to me and even carried me home when Icouldn’t walk anymore.”

Rohit snorted as he deliberately ignored Shehnaaz’ssmile. He crossed his arms and looked up, “Even if that’s the case, he should’ve came to the apartment to look for you? –What’s the meaning of this, randomly seeing you on thestreet? And even carrying you home. He’s just looking to earn bonus points…”

Could it be that Parth had an ulterior motive too? Rohit had been infected by Sidharth and began imagining conspiracy theories too…

Shehnaaz understood what Rohit was implying and burst into laughter, “Brother Rohit, what are you thinking
about? Parth’s phone can track the location of mine. He just has to turn on the location function to know where Iam.” Parth probably used the location function assoon as he arrived to her building to see if she was home,
then discovered she was away… With the location provided by his phone, he was able to find Shehnaaz, whose legs
were numb from walking by then.

Rohit slapped his forehead, “No, that’s not ok. I have to find a way to delete that from his phone.” He went on to
warn Shehnaaz, “You have to pay attention to your safety too. Why did you let him locate your phone? Did he give birth to you, or raise you? You don’t have a conscience, do you not want us now that you have a boyfriend?”

It was the second time that Shehnaaz had been told she“lacked a conscience.” Her emotions were conflicted and hung her head, “It’s you guys who don’t want me anymore, how do I lack conscience?”

“Who? Who doesn’t want you?! Tell me and I’ll go beat him up!” Rohit rolled up his sleeves jokingly.

Shehnaaz looked up and smiled, “You’d really beat him up?”

“Of course. There’s less than five people in the world that your Brother Rohit can’t defeat!”

“…Then can you beat Uncle Sid?”

“…He’s too difficult, let’s have someone else.”

“Hmph” Shehnaaz pushed Rohit, “I knew youcouldn’t beat Uncle Sid, you shouldn’t have boasted infront of me. –Go make me dinner, I’m starving.”

“Ok, ok, I bought prawns and fresh scallops and was going to make garlic prawns and baked garlic scallops.” Rohit dragged Shehnaaz to the kitchen so he could make her smell like garlic and prevent shameless guys from
bothering her all the time, “Tell me, how is it that Mr. Shukladoesn’t want you anymore?”

“He has a girlfriend, so he’ll get married and have kids oneday. He won’t have time for me anymore.” Shehnaaz sighed as freed herself from his grip and scrunched her nose, “I’m not staying in the kitchen, you cook and call me when it’s ready.”

Rohit’s heart softened when he saw her swollen face,“Ok, you go shower and get some rest. I’ll call you for dinner.”

Shehnaaz nodded and watched Rohit go before taking clothes to the bathroom. When she was done, Rohit had finished making dinner. The pair sat across from each other and had a delicious meal. Shehnaaz paced around the room to digest the food while she thought about calling Parth to confirm a time for him to come over for dinner tomorrow. She got the busy tone, and thought perhaps he was calling his family. Shehnaaz hung up anddidn’t try calling again.