Chapter 198 - Déjà Vu (2)

Shehnaaz was immediately wide awake. She jumped out of bed, humming cheerfully to herself, and gave Sidharth a quick "I'll see you later" before hanging up.

She rushed to her wardrobe and rummaged through it, before settling on a women's suit made of light gray merino wool. She had chosen a trouser suit instead of a skirt suit as it was already evening and chilly outside. At the door, she put on a cashmere coat before going out.

She did not know where Sidharth was, but that did not prove to be a problem: as soon as she walked out of his residence, she saw that Sidharth had already sent one of his subordinates to wait by the door and escort her to
him.

Deepak was also waiting for her. As soon as he saw her, he immediately played the video recording of the interrogation. He shook his head and said, "Look at this! She evaded all the important questions. And she kept blocking me with one legal provision after another. Goddammit! I wish I'd studied law in college instead!"

Shehnaaz gave a snort. She fast-forwarded through the video. "Interesting, very interesting. I'll make her sorry for
messing with you, Brother Deepak, just you wait and see!"

"She's inside, knock yourself," said Deepak, pointing towards the window. "Man, she was so snooty I felt like punching her in the face!"

"You mean she desperately needs a b*tch slap." Shehnaaz smiled as she shut Deepak's laptop. "Can I take your laptop with me?"

"Sure, go ahead." Deepak looked at Sidharth. "Any other instructions, sir?"

Sidharth stood before the window, his hands clasped behind his back. He kept his gaze upon Rashmi as he said to Shehnaaz: "Sana, once you're done with Little Deepak's questions, you're free to ask whatever you want. Ask her about her relationship with Kartik, for example."

"Huh?" Shehnaaz frowned as she hugged the laptop to her chest. "Why do I have to ask about them? I'm not interested in any of that, like, at all..."

Sidharth's lips curved into a faint smile. His eyes were as dark and as magnetic as a black hole; Shehnaaz felt herself being drawn towards them. "...Be a good girl and listen to me."

His words were like a magic spell. Shehnaaz immediately
nodded. "Okay, I'll do it..." Fine, I'll go with whatever you say, Sidharth, you handsome stud ╮(╯▽╰)╭.

...

Rashmi had just lowered her head to take a sip of water when the door to the interrogation room opened before her.

She smiled and looked up. She was by no means a tall woman, but her expression seemed to convey a certain lofty haughtiness.

However, she had not expected to see Shehnaaz enter the room, cheerful and smiling. The smile on Rashmi's face immediately froze in place; her sense of superiority had disappeared, replaced by profound distrust and dread.

The change of expression lasted only a few seconds, however. Rashmi quickly recovered herself, and said to Shehnaaz in a gentle, affable manner, "Sana, why are you here?"

Shehnaaz placed Deepak's laptop on the long table, and seated herself in the chair Deepak had vacated.

Her tone and attitude were entirely professional when she
said, "Please state your name, nationality, and a brief account of what you've been doing in the last 30 years."

Rashmi's eyes widened in surprise. "What's this? Are you pretending not to know who I am?"

"Quiet. You're sitting in the interrogation room of the India's Special Operations Forces HQ. This place is equivalent to the Supreme Court in the United States, I advise you to show proper respect." Shehnaaz did not even lift her head from the laptop. "Your name, nationality, and a brief account of what you've been doing in the last 30
years, please."