Chapter 142 - Windfall

Kartik turned to glare at Shehnaaz. The girl was a real piece of work: she had been throwing money in his face a minute ago, eager to be rid of him, and now she was nonchalantly ordering him about like she owned him...

The cheek of this girl!

Kartik sneered as he stood up. His handsome, dignified face was icy cold. He looked around the courtroom
contemptuously, before lifting his chin arrogantly. "She's right. I'm filing a counterclaim, on behalf of my client,
against Shruti, who has fabricated evidence and defamed my client with false accusations. I am also suing the US military and the CIA-they falsified evidence, and are guilty of perverting the course of justice."

Shehnaaz stood beside Kartik and shamelessly waved her slender arms about in a great show of unearned
arrogance: she was a tiny yapping dog riding on the fearsome reputation of the lion behind her. "You heard him!

You all know who this man is-the super famous lawyer, Kartik! He's never lost a case, and now he's beaten you, too! Admit it!"

Lieutenant Colonel Peter was purple with rage. He screamed: "We haven't lost yet!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Shehnaaz crossed her arms and coolly looked him over. The arrogant expression on her face was an exact copy of Kartik's.

"Go suck an egg!"

"What the f*ck?!" Lieutenant Colonel Peter flew into a fit of uncontrollable rage at the haughty expression on Shehnaaz's face. Her words did not help, either. He leapt towards her, his mind set on beating the living daylights out of her.

The courtroom immediately degenerated into complete chaos.

Shehnaaz deftly stepped away, putting Kartik between herself and Lieutenant Colonel Peter.

Lieutenant Colonel Peter reached for her, but his arm was seized in mid-air by Kartik. "Lieutenant Colonel Peter
attacked my client in court. That will be an additional charge of assault. I will be adding Lieutenant Colonel Peter's name to my list of defendants."

In the midst of all the chaos, Sandeep secretly activated the camera hidden in his glasses. He calmly recorded
everything that was happening with a completely straight face, fully intending to show the recording to Sidharth once he was back in the India.

He turned the camera upon Shehnaaz, and made sure to record from an angle that would show Shehnaaz and Kartik standing together.

Kartik was slender and handsome. His demeanor was frosty and aloof, but he was clearly protective of Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz was tall and beautiful. She was bursting with energy and life as she fearlessly prodded her enemies. Her confidence had come from Kartik, and it was evident that she felt safe with him by her side.

Sandeep watched the scene in front of him, and tried to imagine Sidharth's reaction to this recording. Sandeep's round face was solemn and grave, but deep down, he could feel his intestines ache from suppressed laughter.

"Order! Order in court!" Judge Judy hurriedly picked up her gavel and slammed it viciously on the sound block.

The bailiffs rushed in and separated everyone.

Following that, a few men from the US military and the CIA quickly wheeled Shruti out of the courtroom.

Lieutenant Colonel Peter glowered menacingly as the bailiffs forcefully dragged him away from Kartik. He gave the middle finger to the Indian diplomats and spat out: "Shruti will
be an American soon! You have no authority over her!"

"Yeah? So what if she's an American, big deal! Did you think we'd be too afraid to sue her, just because she's American? I'll bankrupt her, and send her to jail with a snap of my fingers!" Shehnaaz seemed intent on waging war at this point; she poked her head out from behind Kartik as she continued to provoke Lieutenant Colonel Peter. She was only one step away from returning his middle finger...