Chapter 19: Not a Chance in Hell

Tracking down Yamaguchi Youko was just the beginning.

They could not afford to rest easy just yet.

That night, Sidharth was unable to sleep, and he did not know why. He tossed and turned on the bed in the guest room, before finally getting up. It was still the middle of the night, but this did not stop him from going to the military archive to look up some old files.

Almost everything could be found on the internet nowadays, but those who truly understood how the internet worked knew that the network was full of vulnerabilities. For example, Deepak, one of his personal
secretaries, knew a hundred different methods to crack network security
systems of any kind. It was easy enough for him to break into any computer, phone, or tablet.

The Imperial Military was aware of the security risks to the government network and databases. It was for these reasons that a large number of top secret files existed only on paper. They had never been uploaded to the internet.

The archive even had information recorded on bamboo and stone. Those files would outlast them all.

Sidharth worked in the archives throughout the night. It was only when the morning dawned that he finally laid his head on the table for a quick nap. He was awakened later by the sound of gentle knocking of the archive staff on duty at the door.
The archives were blocked off from all electromagnetic and radio signals. It was not possible to call someone on their mobile phones as long as they were inside and there were no landlines available either. The only means of communication in the archives was good old-fashioned
yelling loud enough to be heard
through the door and walls.

"Sir! Sir! Your personal secretary is looking for you. It's urgent!"
The insistent knocking on the door finally awakened Sidharth, who had just dozed off. He pulled himself
together, and went to the bathroom to splash cold water onto his face. Then, he looked at his watch and found that it was already eight in the morning.
Sidharth's Bluetooth headset rang as soon as he walked out of the archives.

It was Rohit Maan, his other personal secretary.

"What is it?"

"Sir, Miss Gill's interview is today! Her university has been calling non-stop. Even Professor Swn himself called to ask." Rohit's tone was urgent. He had personally gone to C University's Faculty of Law department just three days ago to obtain sick leave for Shehnaaz; getting Professor Kartik Sen to postpone the interview for three days had been no small feat.
If Shehnaaz were to be late again, Rohit did not imagine that Professor He would think favorably of Shehnaaz.
And to think he had even gone so far as to butter Professor He up by telling him that Shehnaaz had always "admired" him made the matter even more troublesome.

Sidharth rubbed his brow, and said, "I'll call Sandeep."

Sandeep took the call. Before Sidharth could say a word, Sandeep was already saying, "Boss, Sana still isn't
awake, but her fever has gone down a little."

"What the h*ll is going on? Please tell me you actually have a clue." Sidharth stopped walking and looked up at his
house, exasperated. He got out a cigarette and began to smoke.

Sandeep was also frustrated with the situation. "Boss, I guarantee there is absolutely nothing wrong with her. I've
been monitoring her heartbeat and pulse 24/7, and I test her blood every two hours, too."

"You've been drawing blood samples from her every two hours? What do you think she is, your private blood bank? Cut her up and make specimens out of her, why don't you?" This bit of sarcasm was highly uncharacteristic of Sidharth, who was known for being calm and collected.