Chapter 152 - The 18th Birthday (4)

So this happened in the morning.

I was speaking with mumma but wile speaking I fu*king choked on my own spit i.e. saliva and mumma said look I told you to wear warm clothes now you caught the cold serves you better.

And I had no way to explain things cause that woman was not ready to believe anything

Wuuu..wuuu... ( measurably crying sound)

______________________________________

The hurricane in the distance sent towering waves over to the cruise ship. Luckily, the hurricane was too far away to do any real damage to the ship; even so, the choppy waves were more than terrifying.

The large cruise ship bobbed up and down among the wind and the waves, tilting this way and that like a helpless toy.

Its fate was now in Mother Nature’s hands.

Shehnaaz watched the dark, menacing surface of the sea close in on them through the window. She hastily asked Deepak, “I think the ship is going to sink. What do we do?”

“Let’s go to the fourth floor.” Deepak looked at his watch. “They should be here any minute now.”

Sidharth had told them to hold out for 15 minutes.

That had been 14 minutes ago.

They could only hold out for so long.
The cruise ship was now completely surrounded by pirates in white speedboats. The pirates were heavily armed; they were even equipped with shoulder-fired rocket launchers.

Shehnaaz wondered whether she and Deepak had made a mistake: maybe they should have jumped off the boat, after the cooks and sailors.

Shehnaaz smiled wryly; it was pointless to think about it now. She followed behind Deepak as he ran towards the fourth floor.

The third floor was submerged entirely in seawater as soon as they arrived on the fourth floor.

The hull gradually sank into the sea.

The armed pirates continued to watch them with bloodthirsty expressions.
One of the pirates had lifted a rocket launcher to his shoulder, and was now taking aim at the fourth floor!

Deepak carried Rashmi on his back as he held Shehnaaz in his arms. “Are you scared?”

“No.” Shehnaaz lifted the sniper rifle in her hands and said coldly, “If we’re going to die anyway, let’s take out a few more of them.”

She aimed at the pirate with the rocket launcher, and pulled the trigger.

A sniper rifle was faster than a rocket launcher.

The bullet struck the pirate between his eyebrows. He stiffened, and fell into the sea with his rocket launcher.

The pirates on the speedboat saw what had happened, and leapt to their feet in anger. They pointed at Shehnaaz and Deepak began firing at them, yelling furiously the entire time.

Deepak immediately dropped to the floor to avoid the bullets. He pulled Shehnaaz down beside him.

Just then, a fighter jet emerged from the eyewall of the hurricane and shot towards the cruise ship like a sudden
streak of lightning.

It flew close to the surface of the sea, as swift and elegant as a gray pigeon.

The jet did a barrel roll and banked 90 degrees as it circled the cruise ship.

Rat-a-tat-a-tat—a hailstorm of bullets swept across the speedboats.

On its next pass, the fighter jet unloaded shells over the speedboats.