Chapter 80: Mr. Shukla's Decision (7)

The criminals had another surprise in store for them that night. Rohit didn’t leave just yet and curiously stood on the side to listen to Sher discuss the next step with his men.

“We can’t force our way in, the courtyard is said to have mines, so we would have to demine before going in. But we don’t have time.”

“Right, and even if we don’t demine and forcefully trigger the explosions, we don’t know how many the buried and judging from their firepower, it could blow up the entire courtyard and the hostages won’t survive.”

“What should we do? Do we really have to give him a plane and cash, and let him escape?!”

Neither the soldiers nor policemen agreed. They had so many men injured and there were even policemen and
soldiers killed in action, they can’t possibly let it go?!

“But we have no other choice.” Sher laid out a map, it was the blueprints for left wing. “Look, left wing is bordered by Little Mirror Lake on three sides, and only the main entrance faces the narrow, winding road in front of us. Our direct passage to them is already blocked.”

“How about we go from the water?” Someone suggested and pointed to the map, “We’ll have soldiers or police who are strong swimmers go from the opposite bank, then land on left wing from the rear door.”

“That’s a good idea, but there’s only 20 minutes left, by the time we get there time is about up, we would just be in time to die with them? We could go on a speedboat, but the criminals would know what we’re up to as soon as we start the engine. What if they kill the hostages immediately?”

Rohit listened on the side for a while and understood the dilemma faced by the garrison troops army and police.

They did have a solution to apprehending the criminal, but they were hesitant to pelt the rat with fear of smashing the vase besides it. They were concerned the 20 some hostages
would be toast if they cornered the criminal. Rohit shook his head and returned to the Humvee to explain the
situation to Sidharth.

Sidharth agreed it was a tricky situation. It wouldn’t be difficult to kill the criminal, but the hard part was to
prevent him from killing the hostages before he died.

“Little Deepak, show me the 3D blueprints again.”

Deepak opened his laptop and selected the 3D blueprint file. Sidharth furrowed his brows as he studied it for a while, “Where is the criminal hiding inside the room?”

Rohit pointed to the back wall of the main house in left wing, “Here.”

Jeetu was very sly. He was worried that the military’s snipers would have an open headshot if he hid near the front entrance, so he moved far away and huddled by the back wall. The vast Little Mirror Lake was directly behind that wall and the lake was a total of two kilometers in diameter. There was no fear of getting shot from the back. He was safe as long as no one swam up from Little Mirror Lake. Even if someone got into the water, there would be no way to swim there in merely 15 minutes. There was no chance of using a speedboat, nor possibility of breaking through from the roof. Because the criminal was vicious, decisive and had ample fire power to boot, he would struggle for life and reduce their past efforts to nil.

Was there truly no other way?

Rohit and Deepak shared a glance and were only thankful that Shehnaaz wasn’t one of the hostages in the room. Otherwise they would have to give the criminal h*ll even if they had to go to heaven and earth…

“Sana really grew up with us, she’s learnt a lot.” Rohit said proudly, like Shehnaaz was his own daughter.

Deepak smiled and asked Sidharth, “Mr. Shukla, should we bring Sana here and you’ll take her away first?”