Chapter 107 - This Must Be Fate

“Wow, what are the odds? You know what this means? It means the two of you are still fated to be together.” It was Shefali, standing a short distance away. She smiled and waved at Mahira. “Welcome back, Mahira. I said I’d be here, and here I am.” She winked at Mahira as she said this.

Mahira was a young, mild-mannered lady in her 20s.

Her features were exquisite, and her voice was soft and sweet. She never raised her voice, because she never lost her temper.

Like Parth, she was a big literature enthusiast, and wrote mostly for her own amusement.

“Why are you acting all shy? You’re blushing. You lived abroad for four years, you should have a hide like an
elephant by now.” Shefali made a face at Mahira.

“Do your parents know you’ll be back home today?” Mahira’s face, small and fair, had turned a shade of pink. She shook her head. “I haven’t told them. I want to give them a surprise.”

Parth finally recollected his wits. He helped Mahira with one of her suitcases, and smiled as he said, “It’ll be a nice surprise for them, all right. I’m happy to see you, too.”

Mahira cocked her head as she looked at Parth. “Really? You’re happy to see me?”

Shefali quickly grabbed the remaining suitcase and said cheerfully: “Of course he is. I can guarantee that Class Rep has been extremely well-behaved over the last four years.
He hasn’t been fooling around, nope, not him. He doesn’t even have a girlfriend—he’s been waiting for you to come back, all this time!”

Mahira smiled gently at Parth. “No girlfriend? I’m sure that’s only because you set the bar too high. I mean, you’re so talented, and from such a good family, too. I doubt any girl would refuse you.”

Parth stared at Shefali. “But I do have a girlfriend. In fact, I was just sending her off when I bumped into Mahira.”

The color immediately drained from Mahira’s face.

Shefali immediately smacked Parth on the arm.

“Oh my god, Class Rep, why are you so stupid?! Mahira has been single the whole time she was abroad. She never got another boyfriend, because she couldn’t forget you! I was trying to help put in a good word for you, and you just had to say that! All my effort, wasted!”

Parth looked straight at Mahira. He arched an eyebrow, his expression frigid.

Parth knew that Mahira had been in another relationship while abroad.

But Shefali did not seem to know about it. She wouldn’t have said all that otherwise.

Mahira hastily averted her eyes and forced a smile, confirming Parth’s suspicions. “Shefali, you’ve gotten so bold over the years! Okay, we should go now, we really shouldn’t be standing here, right in front of the door.”

Parth said, “I’ll drive you. You didn’t tell anyone in your family you’ll be back today, right? That means no one
sent a car over to get you.”

Mahira’s original plan was to take a taxi home and surprise her family.

She had not expected to meet Parth here.

She gave Shefali a capital-L Look. A few days ago, Shefali had called her and talked her into moving her return
flight to today. It was now entirely obvious why she had done it…

Shefali gave her a wide smile, and took her arm.

“Mahira, let’s go. Class Rep drives an SUV—all your luggage will fit, don’t worry.”