Chapter 134 - Ravenous Carnivore

Early the next morning, Parth got a call from Kartik after waking up.

"Good morning, Professor Sen." Parth greeted him, "Are we going out now?"

Kartik's cool and indifferent voice traveled from the phone, "Come down in half an hour, I'll send a car to pick
you up."

Half a hour later, Parth came downstairs to see an extended Cadillac sedan parked in front of the Hilton hotel entrance. A handsome Caucasian man wearing white gloves
exited the car and opened the car door for him when he came down. Parth thanked him and smiled at Kartik, who was sitting inside.

"You're too kind, Professor Sen." Parth was flattered. It was all very grand and he even had a driver. This Professor Sen was really a partner of a major law firm.

Kartik opened the mini fridge inside and took out a bottle of red wine and glasses, "Do you want a glass?"

Drinking red wine in the early morning... Although Parth didn't have such a habit, he fluidly accepted the
glass so not to be looked down by Kartik.

"I don't usually eat breakfast and only have a glass of red wine on the rocks in the morning." Kartik raised his glass at Parth and emptied it.

Parth followed suit. Ice cubes were placed in the glass to chill the wine, and there was also faint aroma of lemon to make it almost taste a cocktail. Kartik refilled his glass and Parth barely noticed any feeling of the road inside the extended luxury vehicle. After drinking four, five glasses in a row, Parth finally realized that they had traveled a fair bit of distance. Slightly dizzy, he gripped his
wine glass as his eyes struggled to focus, "Professor... Professor Sen, where are we going?"

Although Kartik had much to drink himself, he did not seem affected at all. He looked coldly out the window and said dryly, "To pick up Sana, isn't she your girlfriend? Don't you want to go out with her?"

Parth nodded as he rubbed his temples and leaned back on the seat. He was already very drunk and chuckled, "Girlfriend? Not quite, I even dream about her being my girlfriend, but she wants me to wait for her. She's testing me for six months before she agrees to be mine."

Kartik looked away in surprise and glanced over Parth as though he was determining if he was telling the truth, "It's almost the same thing right? You hold hands in public..."

"That's just hand holding,." Parth was chatty when inebriated and couldn't help but complain, "I can't even hug her without her pushing me away. She's probably the only virgin in the school, and hadn't even had her first kiss yet... Hahaha... I'm so useless, I've pursued her so long and only got to hold hands... "

Kartik was silent and looked out the window again. He picked up his phone to call Shehnaaz, "Sana."

Shehnaaz was still sleeping in her bed and finally picked up the phone after letting it ring for ages. "Professor Sen?" She woke up as soon as she heard Kartik's voice and sat up from the bed. Her voice was still groggy and raspy with sleep, "What is it?"

"I'm showing Parth around the Harvard campus today, and remembered that you need to get your injury looked at
again, so I'm picking you up too." Kartik hung up after speaking and didn't even give Shehnaaz an opportunity to refuse. Thanks to Deepak's special green ointment, her face had healed. There was no need to have it checked at the hospital? However Kartik was taking Parth to campus and it was only proper that Shehnaaz show him around like a proper hostess. Although she had actually planned to sleep in all day...

She rushed into the bathroom to take a quick shower and picked out a ladylike white dress with a navy T-shirt and white sneakers. Her long hair was pulled back into a ponytail and topped with a navy baseball cap. She put on a backpack and said to Rohit, "Brother Rohit, Professor Sen is showing Parth around campus, I'm going to go with them."