Chapter 162 - With You (1)

Sidharth looked up and was surprised to see that it was his childhood friend, Vidyut Jamwal. He had not seen him since joining the military.

Vidyut had thick eyebrows and large eyes. He was also very tall, his height as high has Sidharth’s. Next to him was a tall, shapely lady.

Vidyut rushed over and thumped Sidharth enthusiastically on the shoulder, overcome with nostalgia.

“All these years, and you never once came home! I knew you had joined the military, but man! You were gone for so long that I was beginning to think you’d been exiled!”

Sidharth smiled as he looked Vidyut over.

“Boots, it’s been years since I’ve last seen you, but you’re just as handsome and stylish as I remember.”

Vidyut’s childhood playmates had always called him “Boots.”

“I haven’t had anyone call me ‘Boots’ in years.” Vidyut was so touched he felt like he was about to cry.

“Sidharth, how long will you be back for? I hear that you’re a major general now—you must be the youngest major general in
history!”

“Thank you, but it’s not a big deal, really.” Sidharth shook hands with him. “What a coincidence, bumping into you like this. I literally just got back.”

Vidyut quickly said, “Well, as the saying goes, ‘a chance encounter is better than a planned invitation.’ I’ll treat you and our other brothers to dinner today at my place. Sidharth, you must come. I won’t take no for answer.”

Sidharth looked at Shehnaaz, who was standing silently beside him.

Shehnaaz gave him a pleading look. She hoped he had not forgotten her request.

Vidyut finally noticed Shehnaaz. As soon as he laid eyes on her, he was strongly reminded of the first snowfall in early winter—the young lady was so delicate she seemed she would either melt in the palm of his hand or drift away upon a sudden gust of wind. Her lively eyes, as dark and bright as black lacquer, shone in her exquisite face. She seemed too beautiful to be real.

He was momentarily dumbstruck. After a minute, he recovered himself and asked Sidharth with a chuckle, “Sidharth, who is this? Aren’t you going to introduce her to me?”

Sidharth turned to look at Shehnaaz. He said nonchalantly, “The young lady here is with me. Gill is her surname, so you can call her Little Gill.” As he said that, he reached over, took the Chanel shopping bags from her, and wrapped his free hand around Shehnaaz’s small, delicate hand.

He had not introduced himself as her uncle, but his stance was still protective and stiff. Still, Shehnaaz was happy that he had honoured her request. She smiled gently and waved at Vidyut. “Brother Boots, it's so nice to meet you.”

Vidyut’s face brightened upon hearing her soft, and melodic voice. “Nice to meet you too, Little Gill. Come with me; Brother Vidyut will treat you right. Tell me what you want to eat, what you want to do – your wish is my command!”

He turned and said to Sidharth, “‘The View From The Ninth Floor’
is, obviously, on the ninth floor and just one floor up. I'll call Kushal, Raghav and Asim, and get them to come over and dine with us.

Sidharth was not in a hurry to go home. He nodded and said, “We’re practically family. It's high time we had a get-together.”

Vidyut immediately understood what Sidharth was hinting at. He quickly turned to the preety woman beside him and said, “I’m busy now. You should go for today. I'll take you out to tea some other time.”