Chapter 32: Finding an Excuse

Shehnaaz’s roommates squealed as they barrelled towards her and hugged her in a group embrace.

Parth stood by the door and amusedly watched them squeeze and tackle each other. He felt deeply impressed by Shehnaaz, since each of her three roommates were all excellent sophisticates.

The oldest was Priya Sharma, also known as ‘Green Tea Sharma’.1 With a nickname like that, it was obvious she was a goddess to all men, and an enemy to all women.

The second was Nidhi Singh, also known as ‘Lady Saint’, or more popularly as ‘Lady Singh’. It was said that her one of her ancestors had been an actual royal concubine. She
projected a natural dignity and power that was certainly inherited from the bloodline of an old and distinguished
family.

As for the third, Ekta Kapoor had been from a young age, stunning and
alluring. She was known as the ‘Little
Temptress’, and with one glance, she wielded a seductive charm that toppled men by the dozens.

Although Shehnaaz was a transfer student—and was also an orphan with a modest background—these three haughty girls treated her exceptionally well and cared for her like a younger sister.
“You’re all too overly excited. Don’t go about scaring our Shehnaaz.” Parth was holding Shehnaaz’s backpack and pulled her luggage behind him as he walked in.

“So, the Class Rep personally picked you up? Sana, what a huge honor!” Little Temptress winked at Shehnaaz
secretly.

Shehnaaz rolled her eyes. “Doesn’t the Class Rep pick up anyone in the class that gets ill and hospitalized?”

“Stop it now Lil Sis! You always talk back to me!” Little Temptress slapped her shoulder playfully. She pouted at Parth. “Class Rep, this is as much as I can help you. Our Lil Sis may be young, but she did not compromise her grades to top the class the entire year!”

“My feelings are sincere, how could they be faked?” Parth was not abashed at all.

Looks like my roommates have
already been on it with him, Shehnaaz realised.

Lady Singh was silent as she helped Shehnaaz take the backpack and suitcase from Parth and placed it by her desk.

Green Tea Sharma put her arms on the desk and had a half smile stuck on her face. “Class Rep, I see how your cheeks are rosy and how your face shines. Something good is to happen. How about it? Treat us to dinner as a celebration of Sana’s recovery and return?”

Parth twirled the car key around his finger and said while at the door, “No problem, I’ll treat tonight. But…” He
turned to eye Shehnaaz, “Sana, I think you should first go to the Faculty and report back from your leave?”

Shehnaaz burrowed her head in her backpack to dig out the medical certificate Sandeep had written for her. “I was about to go.”

“Let’s go together, I happen to have something to care of at the Faculty of Law Students’ Association Office.” Parth was also the President of the Faculty of Law Students’ Association. He made way to drape his hand on Shehnaaz’s shoulder and proceeded to walk her out.

Shehnaaz calmly walked forward faster to avoid Parth’s incoming arm. “Class Rep, I still have to go to several professors to report back from my leave. They must be displeased that I missed a week of classes.”

Parth smiled and followed her pace to walk out together.

The three roommates winked at each other and laughed.

“Looks like our Lil Sis is growing up!”

Parth and Shehnaaz left the dorm and he immediately said, “You don’t have to report back for your leave. Your family already did it for you.”