Chapter 131: I'll Ruin Him

It was true that Shehnaaz had contacted Parth less frequently since arriving to the States. Most of the time, it was him texting her to ask her check their shared Weibo, “Always On My Mind.” Shehnaaz had been so preoccupied with the GSAT-7 system incident that she barely had time to
eat or sleep, let alone spare time to share her musings online? However she couldn’t say anything when she
watched Parth’s intent eyes and gaunt face.

Parth embraced Shehnaaz, nuzzling the warm top of her head as he asked in a quiet voice, “What happened to
your face?”

Shehnaaz squirmed out of his arms and covered her face, pouting, “…I got hit.”

“What?! By who? Who had the gall to hit you? Did you call the police?” Parth asked with total seriousness, “I don’t believe that anyone can get away with something like this in the States.”

Shehnaaz hung her head in embarrassment, “…I started it.”

Parth, “…”

“Then it must’ve been because they crossed the line. Sana did it out of self-defense, right?” Parth touched her shoulder and gently comforted her. It was obvious that he was siding with her and trying to justify what she did–and that was exactly the kind of unwavering support that she needed right now.

Her mood lightened considerably and she smiled at Parth, “Parth, why did you suddenly come to the States? Are you on vacation?”

Parth turned around with her and they continued walking. Draping one arm on her shoulder, he said, “I especially came to see you, don’t you believe that?”

“…That’s too much of a shock, I don’t dare believe it.” Shehnaaz giggled, but her pace slowed and she even started
to limp a little. Although there were no apparent bruises on her legs, she actually sustained a few kicks from the fight.

After walking for over an hour, she could feel her calves almost lose all sensation. She walked each step gingerly.

Parth noticed her struggling and look at her before jogging ahead and kneeling down, “Here, let me carry you.”

“Huh?” Shehnaaz was at loss, “I, I, I’m ok.”

“It’s fine, you’re limping and shouldn’t walk anymore.” Parth chuckled, “If I had knew, I would have driven my
rental car here.”

“Where did you park?” Shehnaaz asked curiously when Parth nudged her to lay on his back.

Parth secured her calves with both arms and stood up with her on his back. “Sana, how did you get to thin?” He thought she felt much too light on his back.

“Isn’t that a good thing? Saying she got thinner is the best compliment possible for a girl.” Shehnaaz smiled proudly, “That means I’ve been watching my weight well.”

Bursting into laughter, Parth chatted idly with her while he carried her back to the apartment.

“We’re here, Parth. Thanks for taking me home.” Shehnaaz was drenched in sweat and badly wanted to shower first, “Where are you staying? Give me the phone number and address.”

Parth had wanted to pick her up for dinner, but knew she didn’t want to go out with an embarrassing injury on her face. He dejectedly took out a card from the hotel and placed it on her palm, “The Hilton, Room 356 on the third floor. My number’s the same, you can give me a call.”

Shehnaaz nodded, “I’ll invite you for dinner at my place tomorrow. I’m a wreck today and need to freshen up. I’m so sorry, Parth.”

“Don’t say sorry.” Parth stroked her head, “Thankfully I was here. You’re here alone and need to take good care of yourself, don’t have me worry.”