Chapter 113 - Fat Chance

Rohit turned right from Cambridge Street and entered the Harvard University campus. He walked north,
along Massachusetts Avenue, to Harvard Law School, where Shehnaaz was having her classes.

He walked around the building housing the law department.

The instrument in his backpack made no noise, indicating that there was nothing out of the ordinary here.

Unlike science students who had to rely on specific equipment and instruments, the students at Harvard Law School worked only with their brain and ready wit.

Rohit stood in the avenue near Harvard Law School and took a few selfies with his phone, angling his shots to get a perfect 360 record of the surroundings.

The place was inundated with similar selfie-takers, obnoxiously waving their selfie sticks about. Rohit, with his unassuming clothes and plebeian approach to taking selfies, had not caught up with the latest selfie trends.

He chuckled, and adjusted his sunglasses. He looked at the map in his hand, and discovered that just opposite of Harvard Law School, on the east side, was Harvard University’s famous School of Electronic Engineering.

Rohit’s interest was piqued. He slowly walked over to the School of Electronic Engineering.

He was still acting the part of a tourist.

He had an iPhone headset on, and appeared to be listening to music. His
sunglasses made it impossible to tell what he was looking at.

Rohit had been giving his full and undivided attention to his headset from the moment he entered the School of Electronic Engineering.

His headset was actually connected to the instrument in his backpack. It wasn’t really an iPhone headset, it had only been modified to look like one on the outside.

In a few moments, his headset crackled to life. Beneath all the crackling and buzzing was a series of rhythmic ticks and beeps.

This was the sound of electromagnetic and radio signals.

The special instrument in his backpack was capable of capturing, analyzing, and recording sounds beyond the human hearing range.

Rohit stood at the entrance to the School of Electronic Engineering for a long moment. He made sure not to get too close.

He had to be careful; he did not know what sort of equipment was being kept here.

This was Harvard, after all. They were probably working with the latest cutting-edge technology.

He had heard that the top colleges and universities in the United States shared the results of their technological research with the US army.

And besides, this was the School of Electronic Engineering— there was nothing surprising about the tangled mess of electromagnetic signals coming out of the building.

Rohit hung about and took a few selfies, before leaving with a wide grin on his face.

It was evening when he was finally back at the apartment.

Shehnaaz had been waiting for him to return so they could have dinner together.

“I bought pizza, Brother Rohit. Come have some!” Shehnaaz did not know how to cook. She had never learned to cook her own meals, because it had never been necessary.

Back when she lived with Sidharth at the Special Ops base, all the cooking had been done by the orderlies in the
canteens.

It was the same when she had gone to C University for her undergraduate studies; there were so many school
cafeterias and restaurants nearby to choose from.