Chapter 188 - Angered

Sidharth heard a loud bang from the other end of the line, and automatically moved the phone away from his ear.

His lips curved into a slight smile; when he checked the phone again, the call from “Professor Sen” had already been disconnected.

He put away Shehnaaz’s phone and spoke into the mouthpiece of his Bluetooth headset, addressing the officer on duty on the other end: “Have you finished vetting all of Sana’s phone messages? If you are, you can let them through now.”

Shehnaaz’s mobile phone was closely monitored by the Special Operations Forces. The only time no one listened in was when she called Sidharth on his private line.

All her other calls, both incoming and outgoing, were recorded and archived.

The messages Kartik had left her were still “under review.” Sidharth had made sure they were “under review” for a few extra days.

Shehnaaz did not know that her mobile phone, all her social media accounts, bank cards, and all other digital information were under constant surveillance by the Special Operations Forces.

These precautions had been put in place when she was a minor, to protect her.

Now that she was an adult, Sidharth wasn’t sure whether she would rebel against the bubble of close surveillance she was living in.

But Sidharth did not deal in hypothetical problems: so long as Shehnaaz did not actually protest or rebel against it, it remained a non-issue for him.

“Professor Sen? Professor Sen? Are you alright?” Rashmi had been outside the study when she heard the loud bang from inside. She frantically knocked on the door, too afraid of Kartik to enter
without permission.

To her surprise, the door to Kartik’s study was actually slightly ajar; it had not been shut tight.

Rashmi cautiously peeked through the crack. The floor of the study was a mess.

She spotted his phone, cracked into several pieces, and a porcelain tea cup, smashed into smithereens. There were also the mangled remains of a dark jade paperweight, a green jade brush holder, and a broken iMac.

The desk before him was now entirely empty.

Aside from the mobile phone and the computer, everything else was antique.

He had swept the Yuan Dynasty blue-and-white porcelain Kylin tea cup, the Tang Dynasty dark jade paperweight, and the Song Dynasty green jade brush holder from his desk and onto the oak floor.

Each of the three antiques had been worth hundreds of millions of Rupees, enough to buy several luxury mansions in the most expensive parts of the Indian capital—and Kartik had destroyed them without a second thought.

The corner of Rashmi’s mouth twitched in disapproval.

The house was practically overflowing with these priceless
antiques, true, but it was still an extravagant waste to trash them like they were worthless junk…

Kartik took a few deep breaths, and finally brought his emotions under control.

He leaned back into the high-back massage chair behind his desk, eyes closed. His face was deathly pale. “…Sana’s asleep… Sana’s asleep…”

In the middle of the night, a man had taken the call on Sana’s phone and told him, “…Sana’s asleep…”

Although he knew that it was probably not what he was imagining, Kartik could not stop his temper from flaring at the thought.