Chapter 101 - I'm Not An Animal

Parth’s expression had visibly darkened.

He held his head in his hands, his elbows propped on thetable. There was a hint of sorrow in his voice. “I was youngand stupid, and took her for granted. She was headstrongand stubborn, and I was too proud to give in to her. After sheleft the country, she was all alone in a foreign land.
Sheneeded someone to help her, but I was too far away to dothat…”

Shehnaaz suddenly realized what he was saying. She wasvery surprised. “She got a new boyfriend?”

Parth looked at her with a wry smile on his face.

“Sana, c’mon, you don’t have to be so blunt about it. Ihave my pride, too, you know.”

Shehnaaz had wanted to ask whether his ex-girlfriend hadgotten a new boyfriend before the breakup, or after…

If it had happened before the breakup, then Parth’sfirst girlfriend had cheated on him.

She looked at Parth, and noted how reluctant he wasto talk about it. Shehnaaz guessed that he had been
cheated on; it was written all over his face.

Shehnaaz was a little more sympathetic towards Parth now.

“Let’s eat. You like chicken, don’t you?” Shehnaaz grabbed theserving chopsticks and picked out a tender beef pentagonfor Parth.

“Eat up.”

Parth smiled. He said, “Feed me,” and opened hismouth expectantly.

Shehnaaz’s hand froze in mid-air. She said, laughing, “Ibetter not – my wrists are made of jelly. You might end upwith food all over your face.” As she said that, her handshook, and the tender beef pentagon dropped into the smallbowl in front of Parth.

“You wriggled out of it again. I’m not going to let you off soeasy next time…” Parth put his hand over hers andwinked at her.

Shehnaaz nonchalantly pulled her hand out of his grasp,and picked up the spoon for her porridge. She began to eat,relishing every bite.

The two of them quietly finished their dinner. When theywere done, they ordered a pot of tea. They sat facing eachother as they digested their dinner.

Parth got up and sat beside her. He whipped out hisphone. “Here, look. I was bored waiting for you thisafternoon, so I made a Weibo account. Let’s use it together.”

Shehnaaz looked at his phone. The name of the blog was“Always On My Mind.”

She could not help blushing at this.

She laughed, and said,“We’re sharing a Weibo account? We’re not that close, arewe?”

“Don’t play dumb.” Parth was all smiles as he sent theWeibo username and password to Shehnaaz’s phone.

“Keep it. You can vent on the blog whenever you havesomething you need to get off your chest. Let it all out, noone will know it’s you.”

Shehnaaz thought to herself: I have so many anonymous,duplicate accounts for that. Why on earth would I post myprivate feelings on a blog that literally spells out my name?

“I’ll post my feelings, too.” Parth logged into theaccount. He asked Shehnaaz: “What’s your Weibousername? Let’s follow each other.”

Shehnaaz smiled and shook her head. “I don’t have Weibo.I don’t even have a QQ account.”

“In that case, this Weibo account is all yours,” said Parth quickly. “I’ll help you manage it. How many followersdo you want? Give me a number, and I’ll buy them for you.”