Chapter 76: Mr.Shukla's Decision (3)

Sidharth looked at Deepak. He resumed a calm expression and his deep voice tinged with it raspy magnetism. “Who is directing this operation?”

Deepak pointed to the helicopter hovering in the night sky. “The city police’s Deputy Commissioner Daya is up there. He’s considered a young talent; he was promoted to Deputy
Commissioner at just 40 years of age.”

Harsh snickered.”How is a 40-year old considered ‘young talent?'” Harsh stopped to think for a moment. Isn’t our Mr. Shukla, who had been promoted to Major General at the
age of 28, a ‘young hero’?! He bit his tongue before he could voice his thoughts. He would never dare to say that to Sidharth’s face; however, Deepak knew exactly what he was implying without saying it aloud.

“His title was officially recognised; India had selected the top ten distinguished youth in the military, and the oldest nominee was 55.” Deepak pulled up the news article from that year for Harsh. “See, how can you not
say that the 40-year old Deputy Commissioner Daya is not a young talent?”

Harsh rubbed his nose sheepishly, then snuck a glance at Sidharth. Sidharth never gave gossip or petty remarks the honor of a response. He didn’t even look at Deepak as he tapped on the window twice with his fingers, then pointed up. “What I need is his complete CV.”

“Yes, Chief!” Deepak ceased his joking looked up Deputy Commissioner Daya’s work history and accomplishments. The Special Ops was even capable of tracing a person’s lineage back to at least eighteen generations, if the information was preserved. With one search, Deputy Commissioner Daya’s complete record
spanning his entire 40 years—both public and confidential information—was laid out before Sidharth.

Unfortunately, Deputy Commissioner Daya’s ultimatum only startled his own people and had no effect whatsoever on the remaining thugs of the Big Circle Boys.

“Hah! Idiots, you think these lame threats will scare us?!”

Warrior No. 2 clutched his assault rifle and shot a round of bullets into the sky.

Ratatatatat!

The pilot in the helicopter immediately yanked the throttle; the force of the sudden turn made the helicopter shake and groan dangerously. Deputy Commissioner Daya wasn’t prepared and lurched forward, almost tumbling off his seat.

“What was that?” His skull had slammed against the body of the helicopter and was swelling painfully.

“Deputy Commissioner Daya, the criminals fired at us.” The pilot was too terrified to go near left wing again.

With one less helicopter circling the resort, the searchlight on left wing was also cut down by half.

Jeetu cackled inside left wing and complimented Warrior No. 2. “Way to show ’em!!”

He then switched on the microphone to the resorts PA system. “Listen up! Give us a plane, 20 million yuan in cash, and a legal guarantee to grant us safe passage out of the country. Only then will we free the hostages! If not, I’ll have them go down with me here.” Jeetu bellowed the last sentence. In the background, the soldiers heard shots as Jeetu fired his gun at the Managing Director, making him wail and shout in fear.

The policeman and soldiers were furious. If it not for disciplinary restrictions, they would have already stormed the place.

Deputy Commissioner Daya heard the criminal’s requests relayed by his men on the ground and punched the seat as
he shouted, “How obnoxious! They dare make demands? Let me talk to the garrison troops, I’ll have them level the place! No matter the price, I have to ensure that the hostages are brought back to their families, alive!”