Chapter 165 - The One I Love

Sidharth kept his eyes on the top of the antique wooden bed when he asked the question. He did not look at Shehnaaz.

He waited for Shehnaaz’s reply, but it never came.

He turned to look at her—and discovered she had actually fallen asleep.

Sidharth looked at her for a long moment. He leaned over and kissed her on the forehead.

He could almost feel a spark of electricity shoot through him when his warm lips pressed against her fair skin.

Sidharth let his lips linger for a moment, before slowly moving away. He touched Shehnaaz’s face. When he stood up, there was a pained, conflicted expression on his face.

To a young, innocent girl like Shehnaaz, love was a simple matter: you either liked someone, or not.

But it took much more than that to build a relationship.

Sidharth adjusted his collar. He opened the door and went out of the resting room.

Outside the door, Vidyut and the others had already returned, and were in the middle of a passionate karaoke session.

Sidharth walked to the sofa and sat down. Raghav hurried over to chat with him. “Sid, quick question: are you a close friend of Neha Gill, the billionaire lady from Barbados?”

“No,” Sidharth answered bluntly. “Why do you ask?”

“She’s going to be moving her assets over to our country, isn’t she? She’ll be investing heavily in a few areas. I have this project with Vidyut and Kushal, actually, and Neha’s representatives have already come over to check it out. They like it, and want to invest in it. However, none of us actually know her, so we thought of asking you—we heard you got her out of a jam a while ago,” Raghav said
in a long breath, before adding, “but don’t feel pressured. We’re not trying to get you to pull a few strings for us, or anything like that. Business is business. We just want to know if she’s legit—it would be so embarrassing for all of us if she turns out to be some kind of scammer.”

“Oh.” Sidharth nodded. “She’s not a scammer. The Barbados Gill family is extremely wealthy, rich enough to call the shots in their country. You have to keep in mind that Barbados is a small country, though, so their influence isn’t actually as impressive as it sounds.”

Kushal and Vidyut overheard them talking about business matters, and walked over to join the conversation.

Asim sat nearby, but did not say a word.

When they had finished discussing business, Asim wiped his face and said to Sidharth: “Sid, do you know what happened to my Second Uncle?”

“No. Why, what’s wrong?” Sidharth replied without missing a beat. His act was so convincing it would have fooled even Rohit—had Rohit seen him now, he would have wondered whether he had hallucinated his mission with Sidharth.

Asim said with a pained expression: “It’s just that a few of my family think that his body should be allowed to return to the country. Second Uncle made a huge mistake, don’t get me wrong, but he’s dead now… surely he can be laid to rest in the family burial plot. It pains me to think that his spirit is now drifting aimlessly in foreign lands, never to be reunited with the rest of his family.”

Sidharth’s eyes narrowed and gleamed imperceptibly. He lowered his eyes and shook his head as he rhythmically tapped a finger upon his thigh. “No use telling me about it. You should be asking the main branch of the Reddy family for mercy since they’re the ones calling the shots.”

He was referring to Reva’s family.

They were vehemently opposed to the idea of collecting Abhay’s remains.