Chapter 175 - Anything For You

Shehnaaz leaned contentedly against Sidharth’s chest. She savored the feel of his warm, sturdy palm as it caressed her back. She sighed, closed her eyes, and felt the pain that had been coursing through her veins slowly leave her.

She could not even begin to describe the pain from having
her bone marrow harvested. There was a saying in Chinese
describing a “pain that could be felt in the bone marrow.” She now knew that whoever coined the phrase hadn’t been exaggerating in the slightest.

Sidharth lowered his eyes and watched Shehnaaz snuggle against him in her loose surgical gown. Her slender, delicate neck was as white and smooth as porcelain.

“…Where does it hurt? Do you want me to get Sandeep to give you a painkiller?” Sidharth’s voice was low and seductive.

Shehnaaz could feel it resonate within her. Shehnaaz closed her eyes and relaxed into Sidharth’s arms. After a moment, she smiled and said, “Comfort me, and I’ll feel a lot better.” She lifted her face to look into Sidharth’s eyes, before adding: “Kiss me, and all the pain will be gone.”

Sidharth saw the familiar twinkle return to her eyes as a rosy blush crept across her cheeks. The color had returned to her face; she no longer looked as pitiful as she had been a moment ago, but his heart continued to ache for her. He kissed her on the forehead and whispered, “Are you sure it doesn’t hurt?”

He was feeling a mixture of guilt and anxiety. At the same time, he was also deeply moved by Shehnaaz’s courage and sacrifice, and he wished he could have spared her the pain.

Shehnaaz saw Sidharth’s apologetic look, and understood what was going through his mind.
She did not want Sidharth to feel indebted to her. She had donated her bone marrow to cure Rita because she wanted to, nothing more.

Shehnaaz giggled. She said with a mischievous grin, “I fooled you, didn’t I?”

Sidharth: “…”

“I was seducing you! You fell for my trick—I was just pretending to be in pain to get you to agree to my demands,” said Shehnaaz slyly. Her body was stiff with
pain, but she tried her best to act natural.

“It doesn’t hurt? Really?” Sidharth asked doubtfully. He circled his arms around Shehnaaz’s slender waist.

“Nope, not at all.” Shehnaaz shook her head. “Well, other people may find it painful, but not me. You should know by now that Shehnaaz is no ordinary person. I’m so awesome I frighten myself sometimes.”

The corners of Sidharth’s mouth curved upwards. He slowly moved his hand upwards, from her waist to her exposed neck.

He gave a slight jolt in surprise.

His hand came away wet. Her back and neck were drenched
in sweat…

Why was there so much sweat?

Sidharth’s palm rubbed against the back of Shehnaaz’s neck, before dipping inside her surgical gown.

Shehnaaz’s eyes flew open, but it was too late. Sidharth’s palm was already pressed against her bare
back. Her back was drenched in sweat because she was in pain. It
wasn’t just her back; her entire body was wet. If Sidharth hadn’t known better, he would have thought she had just climbed out of a bathtub.

Sidharth’s smile disappeared. His brow furrowed, and his eyes flashed with anger. He looked at Shehnaaz as he swept a broad arc across her wet bare back with his hand. He sneered, “…It doesn’t hurt, you say? Why are you sweating all over if you’re not in pain?”