Chapter 25: You're Overthinking It

Sidharth gave them a sideways look as he put his phone back into his trouser pocket. “A test? How do you want to do it?”

“Heh, how else? By meeting famous Japanese porn stars, of course!” Deepak and Rohit rubbed their hands
together and wriggled their eyebrows suggestively. “If we don’t ‘test’ ourselves with Japanese porn stars, how do we know for sure our anti-seduction training actually works? And anyway, we’re just ‘testing,’ we won’t actually be doing
‘it’ for real.”

Sidharth was fairly certain that the young men just wanted to see Japanese porn stars perform for them live.

Sidharth ignored them. He walked over to the window, a cup of tea in hand, and gazed at the night view outside.

The night scene of Tokyo was beautiful. The lights from the
high-rise buildings flickered and sparkled like diamonds; they mingled with the stars in the dark blue night sky, quiet and peaceful.

Deepak and Rohit saw that Sidharth wasn’t going to humor them with a reply. They backed off, disappointed.
Both secretaries sighed, and sat heavily on a sofa, each nursing a cup of coffee as they talked in hushed whispers. “Rohit, have you ever done it with a woman?”

“I’ve never even had a girlfriend, let alone slept with a woman.” Rohit snorted. “What about you? You were
trying to get with that female officer from District 3, right? What was her name again?”

“Ugh, don’t remind me. I failed to impress her and I almost got beat up in the process.” Deepak shook his head
forlornly. “She has so many suitors waiting in line. I bet the queue stretches from District 3 all the way to District 4. What chance did I have?”

“Seriously? I don’t see what all the fuss is about, she doesn’t look all that special to me.” Rohit rubbed the back of his head and said in a disconsolate tone, “I wonder what it’s like to do it with a woman? What if we keep resisting our urges, and eventually we become so removed from sexual desires, we can’t even get it up? How are we going to have children then? My family goes back five generations, and they’re depending on me, the only son, to continue the line!”

Sidharth turned around at this. He walked over from the window, set his cup of tea down, and said,
indifferently, “You’ll get it up. You’re overthinking it.”

“Overthinking it?! Sir, you know what our anti-seduction training is like because you’ve experienced it. Are you honestly not worried you won’t be able to get it up?! Or afraid that you’ll suffer from premature ejaculation?”

Sidharth lowered his head as he lit a cigarette. He took a drag and then continued his reproach. “Don’t be so
pathetic. Obsessing over women 24/7, that’s just sad. It’s late. Go to bed, we have an early day tomorrow.”

“Sir, you don’t know what you’re talking about,” said Deepak brazenly. He had summoned his courage and was now zealously fighting for the right to reproductive activity between men and women. “You’ve never tried it, so how do you know it’s not going to be a problem? And who’s obsessing over women? We’re in Japan, I’m just saying we might as well!”

“How do you know I haven’t tried it?” Sidharth cocked his head, flicked the ash from his cigarette, and turned
away, prepared to return to his room. His face, normally impassive, actually seemed to have taken a bit of color in
his cheeks.

Deepak and Rohit’s eyes almost popped out of their sockets. They shouted at his retreating back. “When
did you lose your virginity, Sir?! Why don’t we know about it?!”

They were the personal secretaries of Major General Shukla and they followed him like his shadow: how could they not have noticed this momentous milestone in his private life?