Chapter 126- Hogging The Limelight

Before the panel on stage, the audience was abuzz with the murmurs of confusion and occasional sniggers.

The conference that had been meant to showcase the quality and competency of global satellite communications and navigation systems had somehow lost contact with a mere fishing boat with a previously established connection.

This was a humiliating blow.

The host of the conference saw that things were getting out of hand and immediately changed the display to connect with another target. This was a research vessel in the Arctic they had also set up a connection with beforehand.

However, the research vessel’s connectivity was even worse than the fishing boat’s—the image was grainy and the connection dropped midway.

The technical personnel for the conference were flushed in the face as they hammered various commands at the terminal in a desperate attempt to establish a strong connection with the satellite, but it was as though a great
door had blocked their path. They had no way of contacting the outside
world.

“My God! What is going on?”

“The Copernicus system is completely down!”

“Enable the American GPS system!That’s the best system around!”

“But that’s too expensive…”

“This is not the time to worry about price! Even if it costs a fortune, I still need that connection established!”

The chairman of the conference was drenched in sweat and his bald head glittered with beads of perspiration.

However, they had struggled to no avail—as soon as they connected with the American GPS, it was immediately apparent that there was something wrong with that system as well. For
some reason, the system was running incredibly slow and couldn’t establish connection; they kept receiving “bad
connection” errors. Jenny, the host responsible for explaining and selling the features of the system, was so
embarrassed that all she wanted to do was crawl into a hole.

Sidharth turned around to look at Deputy Director Laghari.

Deputy Director Laghari quickly nudged Megha Reddy, who was sitting beside. him, “Secretary Reddy, you’re up.”

Megha grit her teeth, “Will our GSAT-7 system work?”

Even though the Copernicus and GPS were down, she truly had no faith in the GSAT-7. Deepak hastily uploaded
GSAT-7’s civilian password just as Shehnaaz had asked, and said to Megha impatiently, “Hurry up and get on stage, tell them to switch to the GSAT-7 system so they can connect to the fishing boat and research vessel. Get on with it now! This is an order!”

Megha dared not hesitate any longer and quickly took the items from Deepak before walking up to the stage.

She was truly an excellent member of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and immediately regained her composure as soon as she went to the podium. She spoke in her suave London accent, “Ms. Jenny, is there something I could assist you with?”

“The satellite system is down, obviously. I’m not sure what you and your Asian peers could possibly do for us. Perhaps you’ll perform some Oriental magic and give our bored
audience some entertainment?” The blonde haired and blue eyed Jenny said nastily.

The blatant scorn and contempt enraged Megha, along with all the members of the Indian delegation. In that moment, everyone hoped that their nation was powerful enough that these hypocritical Caucasians would be forced to kneel and lick the shoes of the India, who they had trampled under their feet.