Chapter 73: Heavy Gunfire

Only a moment ago, there had been the steady sound of rain; now, however, the mountain road leading from the highway intersection to Sahyadri Mountain Resort Villa had
come alive with a cacophony of sounds.

Dozens of police cars were speeding towards the entrance to the resort, their lights flashing and sirens blaring. The noise was deafening.

Up in the night sky, two helicopters were circling in mid-air, their powerful funnel searchlights sweeping across the dark mountain resort. The columns of light crisscrossed every
now and then as the helicopters flew past each other.

“Boss! Boss! They’ve sent helicopters!”

“Boss! There’re cops everywhere! It looks like they’ve brought in a SWAT team!”

Two Big Circle Boys members were hiding in the bushes near the entrance to the resort, keeping a look-out. They were now agitatedly reporting what they were seeing to Jeetu via walkie-talkie.

“Get a grip!” Jeetu wasn’t afraid; he was a seasoned, ruthless thug, after all. He snapped at his men: “We have so many hostages with us; they don’t have the balls to try anything! Besides, we’ve killed cops before, haven’t we?
Show ’em we mean business!”

Two policemen were running towards them, led by police dogs. The gangsters immediately aimed their guns at them.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Three gunshots rang out. One policeman was hit in the arm.

A police dog was crippled by a bullet to the leg.

“Over there!” The policemen had heard the gunshots. The injured policeman and police dog were immediately carted away. The other policemen raised their pistols and fired at the bushes.

However the shooters who had been hiding in the bushes had already run off.

“Find them!”

The superintendent of the Sahyadri Mountain Police Station motioned angrily with his gun before rushing into the villa ahead of everyone else.

The policemen from Sahyadri Mountain Police Station were bristling with anger; Dev, one of their youngest officers, had been killed in action.

They would not rest until he had
been avenged.

The policemen who had been deployed from C City stayed put, however. They had to wait for orders from Deputy
Commissioner Daya, their leader from police HQ.

Once the C City Deputy Commisioner arrived, his orders were promptly given out.

“You, take this team of 20 and head east. Find the resort guests and extract them.”

“You, take this team of 20 and head west. Find and extract the resort guests them as well.”

“SWAT team, locate the enemy snipers and take them out.” Deputy Commissioner Daya from C City Police Headquarters methodically divided the riot police into search teams.

The SWAT team, clad in their bulletproof vests and helmets, lifted their rifles into position and ran in the direction of the enemy gunshots.

Half an hour later, the police were done sweeping the entire mountain resort, save for right wing and left wing.

The police had been greeted with heavy gunfire in these two courtyards. It was obvious that the gangsters were holed up in there.

Dozens of policemen had been shot in the legs or arms, and had been carried away by backup. The squad from Sahyadri Mountain Police Station had been leading the pack, and therefore had been hit hardest.