Chapter 75: Mr. Shukla's Decision (2)

The policeman was practically shouting at them, but the occupants of the Humvee did not react. They were all veterans of life-or-death situations, and knew better than to be offended.

Sidharth folded his arms. He had been looking out the car window, but now he looked towards Rohit instead. He inclined his chin at him and calmly said, “Just go.”

“Yes, sir!”

Rohit opened the door and got out of the car. He showed his Special Operations Forces ID to the policeman.

“Special Operations Forces. We’re here on official duty.”

The policeman saw at once from Rohit’s military ID that he was not only a Lieutenant Colonel, but also a commander of a regiment. He immediately had the roadblock removed. He stood by the side of the road, saluting the Humvee as it drove past him.

Inside the car, Little Rao struggled to sit up; he pointed towards the direction of Little Mirror Lake. “I told Sana to get in Little Mirror Lake and swim to the other side if the situation got bad enough for her to fear for her safety.”

Deepak nodded at this. He pointed at his monitor and said. “I’ve located Sana, and yes, she’s on the other side
of Little Mirror Lake, away from where the criminals and the police are shooting it out. Clever girl; she probably ran at the first sign of trouble.”

The suffocating aura around Sidharth instantly faded at this news. The other occupants of the car were relieved—
they finally felt like they could breathe again.

The Humvee’s engines roared the as it made its way to the Sahyadri Mountain Resort Villa.

The atmosphere inside the Humvee was now more relaxed.

The same could not be said for the situation outside, however.

Most of the roads had been blockaded and were now off-limits to all vehicles.

Even Harsh, who could give Formula One racers a run for their money with his driving skills, could not find a way to get past. He stopped the Humvee a small distance away from left wing; he could go no further.

The road leading to the other side of Little Mirror Lake had been sealed off by the police.

The heavy rains were persistent. Fortunately, the roads inside the resort villa had not only been paved with asphalt, but were also raised in the middle, sloping off to the sides.

There would be no danger of the roads being flooded with rainwater.

Dozens of policemen in bulletproof vests were crouched behind police cars. Their Model 18 police revolvers were pointed towards the quaint, traditional-style buildings at the end of the road.

Deepak opened up the three-dimensional architectural
plans for Sahyadri Mountain Resort Villa on his computer. He pointed and explained: “This large blue area over here is Little Mirror Lake. This little red dot is Sana. As you can see, she’s on the other side of the blue area.”

The police and the gangsters were battling it out on their side of the blue area. There was quite a distance between them and Shehnaaz.

“Sir, do you want to go get Sana?” Deepak got out a high-magnification military-use telescope. “We still don’t
have the situation under control, so maybe we should—”

He did not finish his sentence. His headset, tuned to the radio channel used by the police and the garrison troops, had crackled to life.

Deepak momentarily froze; he lifted a hand to adjust his headset, then looked over to Sidharth in surprise.