Chapter 92 - This Is What We Do

Deputy Director Gupta’s expression also grew grim, he never thought Deputy Director Chauhan of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would say such things. It raised serious doubts of his loyalty to the nation. He sighed heavily as he glared at Deputy Director Chauhan, then took out a document from his briefcase in resignation. He pushed it to Sidharth, “This is intelligence on the mercenaries, it would certainly be ideal if you can eliminate them abroad. But it will be more challenging to do so…”

“This is not for you to worry. This is what we do.” Sidharth accepted the document with composure, like it
was nothing at all. “Give me an electronic copy.”

He never fully trusted what others gave him, so he would have his own soldiers verify all the intelligence related to the mercenaries and create a battle plan.

Deputy Director Chauhan saw his confidence and thought that since he was promoted to the rank of Major General at a young age, this must be nothing new for him, “I’ll send you an encrypted file once I go back.” He paused, then reminded Sidharth, “You only have less than a month’s time, if you can’t make it…"

“This is not your concern. From now on, this operation will be taken over by the 6th Military Region and you have no right to question us.” Sidharth rose and glanced at Deputy Director Chauhan, “In consideration of Deputy Director Chauhan’s resentment for me, to prevent him from affecting our operation, I request Deputy Director Chauhan be sent off for convalescence. Once the operation is completed, he will be allowed to return to his work. –Speaker Bhatt, General Rawat and, your thoughts?” This meant he no longer trusted Deputy
Director Chauhan.

General Rawat considered that this would be the 6th Military Region’s first operation since its establishment, so he should provide more support and have more confidence in him.

General Rawat was also deeply disgusted by Deputy Director Chauhan’s behavior. He nodded slightly, “Someone take Deputy Director Chauhan to the Military Region Sanatorium for convalescence. Once the operation has concluded, take Major General Shukla’s written instruction to retrieve him.”

Deputy Director Chauhan’s face grew more pallid and he was shaking like a leaf as he looked at General Rawat pleadingly.

However General Rawat didn’t even look up, so he had no choice but to look at Speaker Bhatt.

Speaker Bhatt also ignored him, but looked at Sidharth and nodded with approval, “Major General Shukla truly thought of everything–it’s settled. The paperwork will be completed by the Senate’s Foreign Affairs expert group.”

The hammer had fallen.

The Deputy Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reported to the Senate, so the Senate’s Foreign Affairs expert group had the full power to send the Deputy Director for “convalescence.”

It was past 8pm by the time the meeting at the Department of National Defense was finished. Sidharth was still full of vigour and not tired at all. But the older men in the meeting with him were completely done and almost needed to be supported by the time they exited the conference room. Too much had happened in the last few days and personnel arrangements alone had everyone engaged in arguments daily. Sidharth greeted a few acquaintances and went back to his special vehicle to call Deepak.

“Little Deepak, bring all your men to the capital. We have a mission.”

“Mr. Shukla! What about Rohit? Should he come too?”

Deepak took the call and knew that this must be related to the smuggled military munitions. He rubbed his palms in anticipation of a great battle.

Sidharth hesitated for a moment, “…Have him stay back, we can’t slacken with Sana.”