24

Xie Ning is a year after returning to the compound.

Uncle Zhong smiled when he saw him: "The old man is looking forward to your coming."

While talking, he took his luggage over: "Last time you asked Wu Shu to bring the snowflake pastry, the old man liked it so much, he had to taste that piece every day, and he was afraid that it would be gone after eating too much."

Xie Ning smiled: "Grandpa loves to eat, I will buy more in the future."

"The old man you give me loves to eat." Uncle Zhong sent his luggage to the room. "This room is cleaned every day. No matter which day you come, you can live anytime."

Xie Ning said: "This time I will live in the new year... Where is Grandpa? Have you gone out?"

Uncle Zhong sighed: "I just fell asleep. It was cold in the past two days, and the old man is not in good health. I woke up in the middle of the night and didn't fall asleep. I was sleepy after having lunch today.

Xie Ning: "Then don't bother him, let him sleep more."

Uncle Zhong nodded and smiled so that the wrinkles on his face were squeezed into a ball: "The old man must be happy to see you when he wakes up!"

Xie Ning glanced at the room, the furnishings in the room remained unchanged, exactly the same as when he moved out.

The pots of unknown flowers that he kept on the balcony also stretched their branches and leaves in the winter sun, and they were well taken care of on weekdays.

Uncle Zhong watched Xie Ning hang his clothes in the closet, and then watched him put a rabbit doll on the bedside, and smiled: "I don't know that Young Master likes this?"

Xie Ning was stunned, he didn't know how to bring it.

When packing up, I always feel that I can sleep comfortably at night only with this rabbit doll.

"It's cute, but it's a little small." Uncle Zhong said, "a plush doll, it needs to be a bit bigger to be comfortable to hold."

Xie Ning thought for a while and said, "I like this."

Xie's family has a weak heir. Father Xie has only two sons, Xie Zun and Xie Jing. Grandma Xie Ning never married again after her death.

After the two sons got married, they moved out one after another and had another residence, but they all went back to the compound during the Chinese New Year and spent time with Father Xie.

On New Year's Eve, Xie Ning's parents and his uncle's family rushed back to the compound one after another.

The New Year’s Eve dinner is prepared in the kitchen. Xia Wan and Xie Zun’s wife Su Jinyan are sitting on the big sofa in the living room, making dumplings while chatting.

Making dumplings is a unique activity for the Xie family during the New Year. The skins and fillings are prepared in the kitchen early in the morning. They just need to make them.

Even the old man Xie also focused on participating in the package, and put a copper coin in one of the dumplings.

Whoever eats copper coins at the New Year's Eve dinner is blessed.

"Where did Ningning go, why didn't I see him all day?" Su Jinyan raised her chin and smiled at Xia Wan.

Xia Wan was slow to pack, frowning at this moment, and said, "Stay in the room. This kid is just bored and likes to be alone."

Su Jinyan said: "It's good to be quiet. Our house is always fussy. We often play outside until midnight before going home. Let him come back early. He said it was a social entertainment at work and could not be pushed away."