45

I had hot pot for dinner.

Aunt Chen cleaned the living room in advance, put the induction cooker and the mandarin duck pot in the living room, washed the vegetables again, and put it aside in a small basket.

Originally, Zhuang Yan wanted Aunt Chen to stay and eat together, but Aunt Chen rushed back to take care of her little grandson, helped them clean the ingredients for the hot pot and hurried away.

When Zhuang Yan returned home, he turned the corner and bought fresh beef and mutton at the vegetable market. He was afraid that the meat tasted too strong, so he bought it without the taste.

Then I bought goose intestines, hairy belly and beef louver according to Xie Ning's taste.

Zhuang Yan avoids these internal organs for fear of being unclean, but Xie Ning loves them.

If Zhuang Yan couldn't accept it, Xie Ning would like to buy some pig brains.

"In fact, the authentic Sichuan hot pots don’t contain meat. They just rinse the viscera like yellow throat and hairy belly." Xie Ning watched Zhuang Yan put the hot pot bottom into the boiling water, and couldn’t help licking his lips, “put beef and mutton. It’s the hot pot habit in the north."

Zhuang Yan smiled: "I don't care about it. Although we eat Sichuan hot pot, now that people in the north, we have to go to the countryside and do what the customs do."

Xie Ning also smiled when he said: "I am also a northerner, how can I say that I am going to the countryside and do what the customs do."

Zhuang Yan: "I remember what you said like this. You lived in the South when you were a kid, and the yellow-throated hairy belly was also the taste that you developed back then?"

Xie Ning shook his head, "I live in Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Shanghai, and I'm far away from Sichuan."

Zhuang Yan was curious: "How do you eat hot pot in Jiangsu and Zhejiang?"

Xie Ning recalled: "Eat it all, including beef and lamb, yellow-throated belly, and seafood...like a chowder, you can cook everything in it."

Zhuang Yan's heart moved, he wanted to turn the topic to Xie Ning's experience in the South, and see if he could ask something.

But Xie Ning seemed reluctant to bring up the matter at that time, and changed the subject several times.

"The red soup seems to be boiling." Xie Ning stared at the bottom of the boiling pot, "you can cook the meat."

Zhuang Yan stood up and smiled: "No hurry."

Xie Ning wondered: "What's wrong?"

Zhuang Yan asked him back: "Do you know the essence of hot pot?"

Xie Ning thought for a while, then replied hesitantly: "Well spicy enough?"

"No." Zhuang Yan raised his eyebrows. "The essence of hot pot is the bottom of the pot and the dipping sauce."

He walked to Xie Ning's back, pressed a button on his shoulder, and said quickly, "You will rinse your favorite first, and I will make you some sauce."

Since you are eating Sichuan-style hot pot, the dipping sauce is naturally based on sesame oil and garlic mash. There are not as many seasonings as hot pot restaurants at home, so dry dishes are naturally impossible to make.

Zhuang Yan flipped through it and added some chopped green onion and vinegar. Xie Ning didn't like coriander, so he didn't put it. Finally, he added a little sugar to make it fresh.

After he finished the adjustment, he turned his head and found that Xie Ning had followed him to the kitchen at some point.

Zhuang Yan looked at him in his spare time: "What? Come steal the teacher."