We Don't Belong Together

Ashley enters the room

Ashley: mom, are you okay?...

Tamari looks at Ashley.

Tamari: umm(wipes her tears)

Ashley: oh mama....

Tamari: baby, wake your sisters up right now because we have to go back to Los Angeles California. Right now

Tamari grabs all of everyone's belongings

Tamari: please baby

Ashley: mom what happened?...

Tamari: Ashley.... I'm-(sighs) can you just do what mommy is trying to tell you honey okay... I'll tell you once we're on the plane.

Ashley: something happened to Joanie...

Tamari: Ashley, just- (breaks down crying) I'm sorry... (wipes her tears as she grabs her makeup and puts them in her luggage) we got to go right now. Just jump in the shower, brush your teeth, put something on and let's go. And grab all of your stuff to because I'm canceling my world tour. I've been touring for 7 and a half months. That's enough for me. I'll wake the girls up just do what I told you to do.

Ashley: (sighs) mom-

Frank opens the door

Frank: good mourning everyone.

Tamari: frank, I'm canceling my world tour

Frank: really?

Tamari: yes, and we're going home. We're catching a flight to go home. Frank, I can't tell you what happened because.... I just need to go home. We all need to go back home. Please.

Frank: (sighs) t- you... you've been crying haven't you?

Ashley: yes she has been... and I still don't know what happened because mom still hasn't told me what happened but I know it's about Joanie...

Frank looks at tamari

Tamari: frank we- we- we just need to go.... I'm gonna go crazy right now- and I can't...(sighs) Ashley- just- (sighs as she sits down in a chair) Joanie, just told me that- (sighs) Wylie jr died...(breaks down crying) oh god.... why death is running up in my family???! I'm sorry Ashley.... I'm sorry frank..... first my son in law dies, then my son, then dee dee, and now it's one of my grandchildren....last year I lost a lot of friends and one of my friends was Phyllis Hyman. She was one of my back up singers and dancers back in the 60's when I was a child coming up as an artist and entertainer. (Sighs) it's too much for me to handle and- Joanie she's- she's not going to be the same after this....

Tears running down Ashley's face

Ashley: oh man....

Frank: I'm very sorry... I'm really sorry...

Tamari: I know... that's why we need to go right now. Tell Karen and Michael bush that I'll end my world tour right now as soon as we arrive back home. I have to check up on Joanie after we arrive back home. Ashley I want you to watch out for your sisters when I'm gone visiting Joanie in the hospital once I'm there. I'll get y'all something to eat once we are on the plane. Everybody will have breakfast on the plane. I'll tell my people about this... we just need to go.... Right now

2 hours later

Ashley's POV
Now we're all on a airplane that my mom payed for after we packed up all of our stuff and left the penthouse. Everybody including my mom were very quiet on the plane flying back home. I ate my breakfast of course while my twin sisters felled asleep after they ate their breakfast. After I ate my breakfast I grabbed my covers to put them around me and looked at the sky. The sky was very beautiful but i kept thinking about Joanie's situation.