The Documentary Of Tamari's Life

The documentary Of Tamari. The 4 hour documentary. January 7th, 2007
Tamari's POV
This is the day when my documentary was released on Lifetime, and HBO. A lot of artists, producers, friends, directors, actors, and actresses were in my documentary like Chris brown, usher, Missy Elliot, lil Kim, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Mary j bilge, Mariah Carey, Celine dion, Elizabeth Taylor, Dick Clark, Don Cornelius, Rihanna, Shakira, Paula Abdul, Teena Marie, Samuel L Jackson, Chaka Khan, Ciara, Sidney Poitier, Cicely Tyson, Della Reese, Aretha Franklin, Eartha Kitt, Clive Davis, Quincy Jones, my sisters, John landis, Cher, Madonna, Martin Scorsese, my daughters, Britany spears, Jennifer Lopez, Janet, Tito, Joseph, Katherine, Michael, Pink, Carol Ann parker Jackson, Marlon, Apollonia, and many more. Patti Labelle was also in my documentary. I showed never seen footages of my life during my documentary scenes. I did let the guests share their stories about me, and how they were influenced by me. Some of Them talked about their memories of working with me because I did work with them. I talked about everything I went through. I never left anything out that I felt like I shouldn't speak up about. My documentary was the 100 percent truth of what I did. There was a sneak peek trailer for my documentary around last year of September. I talked about my life. Before and after I became famous. My documentary is called Tamari. It was emotional, and drama moment for me because when I told my story I felt like I was reliving it again. It was rough but I had to talk about it.

Q: how was your childhood like?

Tamari: oh boy.. I... my childhood was a mess. I saw a lot of things that I wasn't suppose to see at a very young age because I was exposed to a lot of things. I had fun times but most Of the times it was tragic.

Q: how do you think people thought about you first?

Tamari: they must've thought that I was trying to be a spoiled princess but I was trying to change people lives in my songs. People probably thought that I was doing too much but I wasn't. They didn't like me.

Q: how old were you when you released your first album?

Tamari: I was 5 years old.

Q: how was it like?

Tamari: well, it wasn't a huge album like that and I only had one number one hit, and it only sold like 5 million records worldwide. That's not bad but i didn't like it. At some point I almost wanted to give up because I thought I failed. I wasn't a great dancer but I was great in ballet. I use to trip a lot and would fall to the ground more than 7 times. It was a mess.

Q: who was the first person to ever sign you into a record label and deal.

Tamari: Ronnie Spector.

Q: how was that like?

Tamari: not good. It wasn't good because Ronnie wasn't a great man. He use to umm....complain about the way I sang and I didn't even sang horribly. My aunt use to defend me. They both would get into it and it... it was pretty bad I should say...(giggles)

Q: why did you leave his label?

Tamari: he was taking the money i earned. Especially when I did like 3 music videos. The music videos were clear and perfect. We didn't read the contract. That's exactly why you should always read your contract because managers takes all of your money... look at new edition... look at TLC.... Look at Toni Braxton. I went through that. One day my aunt went to the bank and found out that all of the money were gone in her account and mines was gone too. My aunt came up to him and punched him in the face for stealing our money. He tried so hard to act like he didn't know what my aunt was talking about but he knew. He fired me and kicked me out of his record label. We didn't have no money. So I had to continue on to do acting because that was the only way around. I was a famous child star but I was broke at first before I became a millionaire child star. After I left Ronnie Spector label i tried to auditioned for Motown but Berry Gordy didn't want children to be in his record label because he was working with Stevie wonder and that didn't work out. Then I Auditioned for Clive Davis and that's how I ended up in Clive Davis record label.