Changing Plans

January 20 1997 is the day when Joanie was pronounced dead inside of a hospital due to the effects of getting hit by a car. Before she died she changed her life to God after what happened between her and her family. She would write letters to God about why she turned out the way she did, and sometimes she would write letters to her family including Marlon but they haven't seen the letters yet until after her death. She knew she was going to die and she had the chance to change her life during her final days on this earth. Everybody in the family were devastated except for Marcia. Even though after she read her letter from Joanie after Joanie's passing she still didn't feel no remorse. Before Joanie died Ashley finally told her mother tamari about her drinking alcohol mostly everyday when tamari wasn't not around. Marlon finally gets help he deserves after hearing about Joanie. Tamari payed for her daughter's funeral and did the memorial service. Ashley was very numb and cried during Joanie's funeral because she felt guilt because what she said to Joanie. Yasmeen stayed strong so much she Didn't cry. The doctors did tell the family about everything what Joanie did and how she changed. Joanie felt guilt about everything she done to her family. Michael did go to Joanie's funeral and stayed strong. Yasmeen couldn't believe it but sort of knew Joanie would be the next family member to pass. Joanie knew she was going to die because God gave her signs but good signs. Joanie's death was on the news mostly for 3 days straight. Joanie experienced talking to God in her dreams. Tamari did go into depression after she found out about Joanie feeling guilty before and after death. Ashley decided to buy Yvette's house since nobody hasn't bought Yvette's house. Tamari didn't even get rid of Yvette's stuff when she sold the house but she stops selling the house and gives it to Ashley since Ashley wanted the house. Ashley now lives in Yvette's house. Joanie's house wasn't sold because tamari turned it into a museum for people to see her oldest daughter's house. Ashley stops drinking for good and earned a scholarship to Duke University after graduating from high school. On April 8, 1997 Ashley went to college for more acting and more education. Tamari is till watching over Yvette's old house while Ashley's in college. Ashley stayed strong for Joanie and moved on with her life. Everyone still has their letters from Joanie for them to keep. Marcia somehow moved on after having a dream about her Meeting Joanie, Yvette, Wylie, and the children of Joanie and Wylie in heaven. Michael finishes his HISTORY World Tour and now lives in his neverland ranch. Michael still has his letter from Joanie because he kept The Letter in a safe place. The last movie Joanie ever appeared in was soul of the game after she also appeared in another movie from last year that's called Once Upon a Time when we were colored. Before Ashley went to college Tamari did tell her daughters including Yasmeen about her secret relationship with their father Michael. She finally told them. They already know now. Tamari and Michael are still having sex but never thought about getting remarried.

July 1, 1997. 10:00 pm afternoon
Tamari's POV-sex is included... don't read if sex makes you feel uncomfortable....

I'm at home downstairs in my living room crying alone because of Joanie. I know she punched me in the face but I forgave her because she send letters to all of us because how much guilt she felt. She apologized in those letters. I couldn't see my daughter in the hospital. The doctors even told me that she would cry hard as she could to feel the guilt. Michael was upstairs tucking the girls into bed. Ashley's in college which makes me feel a lot better. Michael sat beside me to talk to me. I even cried harder when Michael looked at me sadly. He hugged me tight so bad I thought he would break my back. He rubs my hair softly as I kept sniffing so much.

Tamari: why am I crying??

Michael: huh??

Tamari: I know I lost my daughter but do you think I'm wrong for saying that?? I don't know what to think because we weren't getting along, her and Ashley weren't getting along, and she didn't get along with her twin sisters... at first Marcia didn't care but she does now. I'm so scared.... I'm having mixed emotions...