Chapter 5

When Li Chen returned home following his memory, Li's mother was still awake, watching TV. Before Li Chen sent her a text message saying that he was going to have a class reunion, Li's mother was quite surprised when he came back so early, "Are you back? Are you full? Mom will make you something to eat if you are not full."

Li's mother is in her forties Yes, because of the hard work of selling breakfast, there are deep marks of time on the corners of the eyebrows and eyes, and a lot of gray hair has appeared on the head. A few years ago, the original owner was able to help his mother pull out the white hair, but now there are too many white hairs, and it is impossible to pull out.

Li Chen had never experienced the care and love of his relatives, Li's mother's simple words made Li Chen, who had made up his mind to pretend to be a good son, pause. Li Chen, who pretended to be busy changing shoes, turned his back to Mother Li, and replied according to the tone of the original owner in his memory, "Mom, no need, I'm full tonight."

Mother Li patted the place beside her, "Come here, Mom, I have something to ask." You."

Li Chen passed obediently. As soon as Li Chen sat down, Li's mother

asked happily, "How much did you drink for such a big taste?" Mother didn't care too much, and asked about filling out the volunteer application today, "Have you filled out the volunteer application? Can I go to the first university?" "Don't worry, mom, I will definitely be able to." He asked Li Chen in a tone, "Mom prepared 10,000 for the first year's tuition. Is it enough to give you 2,500 for your living expenses?" Li Chen frowned, "It's too much, the tuition is about 7,000, and 1,000 for your living expenses is enough." That's enough." Li's mother patted him on the shoulder, "Stupid boy, the capital is expensive, what can you do with only one thousand? If you get a girlfriend in the future, do you still need money from other girls for dating?"

"Mom, you think too much. You don't have any girlfriend. Besides, I can do odd jobs at the school and get a scholarship. One thousand is enough."

Li's mother sighed, "Mom knows you are filial, but mom You can still earn money now, and you can do what your mother says for tuition and living expenses. Don't be afraid to spend money. You have been stubborn since you were a child, and you have big ideas. Let me tell you, part-time work is part-time work, and you must not delay your studies."

"Okay Mom, I'll listen to you, I know how to measure, so don't worry." Li Chen didn't contradict her either, anyway, within a year, he would be able to take Li's mother away.

Li's mother nodded, and looked up at the clock on the wall, it was already nine o'clock.

"It's good if you know, mom is going to sleep, you should wash up and go to sleep."

She stood up, went into the kitchen to pour a glass of water, and opened the medicine cabinet to get a bottle of medicine.

"Mom, what are you taking?" Li's mother is in good health and doesn't need any medicine at all.

Li's mother looked at the bottle in her hand, "The health care products that Axue gave me before are said to supplement the body's vitamins and beautify the skin. I just finished a bottle yesterday, and this new bottle was given by Axue after you finished the college entrance examination. He's here, this kid, Axue, is really good..."

"Let me see."

Li Chen frowned, took a look at the bottle in Li's mother's hand, and it was written on the bottle that it was indeed a health product, and its efficacy was similar to that of Li's. Mother said about the same. He opened the bottle and poured out a tablet. There were a few small words engraved on the white tablet: Domino Amphetamine. Li Chen took out his mobile phone and checked it, and found that this Domino amphetamine was a drug for schizophrenia, and taking too much would affect mental health, and even lead to severe depression.

Li Chen's heart trembled, and he suddenly understood why Li's mother committed suicide. It was also a coincidence that Li's mother took out the old medicine in the bedroom, so she took out the new medicine in the medicine cabinet for Li Chen to see. If Li Chen left as planned, Li's mother would go back to the old path in the memory of the original owner before he knew it - committing suicide. Based on the original owner's memory, Li Chen thought that Li's mother was on a dead end because the original owner failed the college entrance examination and was depressed, but now it seems that is not the case at all!

If Li's mother dies and the main mission fails, he may not get any of the 40 points of the main mission, and the possibility of mission failure will skyrocket—

Li Chen smiled wryly, he was still careless!

Realizing that Li Chen's expression was not right, Mother Li also frowned, "Ah Chen, what's wrong?"

Li Chen showed the phone to Mother Li, and Mother Li didn't know why, so she took the phone. Li's mother watched it for five minutes before finishing it. She asked Li Chen in disbelief, "How come... the medicine Jiang Xue brought is this domino tablet?!

" Some nicks, Li's mother's eyesight is bad, she can't read the writing on the medicine at all.

Li Chen nodded silently.

Li's mother clenched her fists, "Achen, aren't you friends with Jiang Xue? Why did she want to kill me! So vicious, is she trying to drive me crazy?!"

Li Chen couldn't explain the truth to Li's mother, so he shook his head She said, "I don't know, she still wants to change my admission choice today. Fortunately, I found out early..."

"What?! She still wants to change your choice? How could she be so vicious? She wanted to kill us, mother and son. Are you willing? Ah Chen, tell mom honestly, did you do something bad to her?"

Li Chen smiled wryly, "Mom, let me tell you the truth. Xu Jiajia gave me 10,000 yuan before, so that I chased Jiang Xue, and I agreed. Afterwards, I became friends with Jiang Xue and returned the money to Xu Jiajia. Is it worth letting her harm us for such a trivial matter?"

Li's mother raised her hand, but she didn't beat her heartily, "Li Chen, what did mother teach you? You betrayed yourself for money?!"

Li Chen lowered his head, "Mom, I know I was wrong, I'm sorry..."

His son, who was about 1.8 meters tall, stood dejectedly in front of him and apologized. Li's mother was soft-hearted but at the same time felt sore in her heart. Li Chen was usually very obedient, studied hard, didn't play games, and didn't like to compare himself with his classmates. Knowing the child is more like mother, Li's mother knew that he was trying to lighten the burden on herself, and corrected the mistake in time, she was angry and scolded and let it go and didn't hold on to it. It's just that the anger in my heart is hard to dissipate, and my tone is still not very good, "That's how it is? Do you have anything else to hide from me?"

"Mom, there is really nothing, I told you everything. I also apologized to Jiang Xue tonight , explained the whole story."

Li's mother breathed a sigh of relief, and asked Li Chen, "What do you want to do about this medicine?"

"Mom, when Jiang Xue gave you the medicine, did anyone see it or was there surveillance around?" Jiang Xue If you dare to do such a thing, there will be no evidence on the bottle. There are no such patients in Jiang Xue's family, and her parents are not engaged in medicine-related work. She cannot buy this kind of medicine through formal channels. Without formal channels, it is difficult to find clues.

Li's mother thought about it seriously, then shook her head, "She brought it directly to our house, and no one has seen her bring medicine."

Li Chen said, "Mom, let's stay put. She will bring you medicine next time, you Record the call first. I will install a surveillance camera at home in a few days. You open the medicine on the spot, and we can call the police when we have evidence."

Li's mother nodded in agreement, "You apologized to her, but she still wanted to harm others. We don't have to be polite to her!"

In fact, Li's mother felt a little cold in her heart. Jiang Xue had always been gentle and considerate in front of her, generous and sensible in her dealings with others. Li's mother even secretly thought about making Jiang Xue her daughter-in-law. Even if Jiang Xue found out that Ah Chen took money to pursue her, she didn't have to be so ruthless, changing her son's wishes while drugging herself insane. What kind of monster is hidden under her beautiful skin——

"Achen, that Jiang Xue, stay away from her from now on..."