Chapter 106

With the support of the little eunuch, Li Chen walked slowly to the main seat and sat down.

Another servant respectfully presented a cup of hot tea. Li Chen took a sip and seemed to be relieved before turning to Fang Quan'an and asking, "Eunuch Fang, why are you here? But what's the matter with the concubine?

" He saluted politely, but those eyes sized Li Chen up without any trace.

"My lord, my empress misses you. I heard that you are in good health recently and can go out again. My empress hopes that you will come back to the palace tomorrow and talk to her."

Li Chen understood Fang Quanan's subtext, this time he did not deliberately pretend The sickness refused, "It happens that I miss my concubine too, go back and tell my concubine that I will return to the palace to see her tomorrow."

Fang Quanan heaved a sigh of relief, "Your Majesty also told me that the prince must arrive before the time."

"Okay , Do you have anything else to say?"

"Go back to the lord, it's gone."

Li Chen picked up the tea bowl he had put down just now, covering his face with worry.

Seeing that the prince was serving tea to see off the guests, Fang Quanan cleverly bid farewell. Li Chen casually sent a sentence, "Dou Yuanwu

, send Eunuch Fang off . " . In the past few months, she always felt that Prince Ping was not very obedient, and every time she had something to ask him, he was so sick by coincidence. If he was really seriously ill, what would Dexin Shusi say?

A majestic prince doesn't want him to do everything by himself. To be an official in the court is to think about your ideas and use your words, how difficult it can be! When Prince Ping enters the palace tomorrow, he must be forced hard.

Concubine De never thought that Prince Ping had changed. She had been his mother and concubine for more than ten years, and she thought she knew him too well. When King Ping encountered embarrassing things, he liked to escape.

But it would be different if she, the mother concubine, complained about her grievances in front of him, he would agree to anything!

The next day Li Chen entered the palace as promised.

When he arrived at Fuxi Palace, he found out that not only him, Concubine De called all three of her children here today.

"Mother Concubine."

Li Chen was about to kneel down to salute, but Concubine De had already grabbed his wrist in distress and stopped him, "Okay, Chen'er, there is no need to be polite. There are only four of us, mother and son, in Fuxi Palace. , these vulgar etiquettes are good for outsiders to see. Your body is just right, don't toss about it."

In and out of his words, he felt sorry for his body. If he was the original King Ping, he might have softened his heart.

Li Chen didn't listen to Concubine De's persuasion, and insisted on saluting.

Concubine De looked at him lovingly, and helped him up with her own hands, "You child, you are too serious about etiquette. Yinger, Fenger, come here to see your third elder brother."

Li Feng and Li Ying also came over to pay respects obediently, They shouted in unison, "Third brother."

Li Chen secretly observed their expressions, and found that Li Feng was fine, and Li Ying seemed to have disdain and unwillingness in his eyes. Presumably De Fei had already told her the truth in order to maintain the relationship between mother and daughter.

It's normal for her to be unwilling, after all, she is De Fei's biological daughter, not the girl that De Fei took pity on Liu Zhaoyi after Liu Zhaoyi passed away, as everyone thought.

Concubine De warmly greeted Li Chen to sit down, and then called Li Ying and her siblings, "Come and sit down. Chen'er, since you left the palace to build a mansion, you and your siblings haven't had a chance to talk properly. They are all blood relatives, but Don't be unfamiliar."

Li Chen immediately said, "No, concubine mother. I always miss you and my younger siblings outside the palace."

"Stupid child, concubine mother is joking. I know you have this heart."

Li Feng's eyes Looking at Li Chen brightly, he said eagerly, "Third Brother, do you still remember our agreement? Did you bring me any interesting gadgets outside the palace when you entered the palace this time?"

Li Feng hadn't reached Thirteen yet, It was the time when I was young and loved to play. But Li Chen looked at his eyes full of joy and admiration, but felt it was false!

The children in the palace matured prematurely, and with Concubine De brainwashing him, Li Feng had already changed his mind. Compared with him ten years later, his acting skills now are really immature. He clearly despises folk gadgets, but he insists on pestering the original owner to find and bring them for him.

It was these little things that drew the bond of family affection in the heart of the original owner.

In the heart of the original owner, when his younger brother was still young and lively and mischievous, he was willing to spoil him.

Li Chen had already brought the things collected by the original owner, "Of course I did. I asked the eunuch to bring in a big box of things. Besides yours, there was also the imperial sister's. I bought her a lot of exquisite little jewelry. "

Hearing this, Concubine De took advantage of the situation to wink at Li Feng, and the siblings thanked Li Chen together. Then Li Feng took Li Ying, happily went to the outer hall to see their baby.

Seeing that the siblings had left, Concubine De sent the palace servants in the inner hall away a little, so they could see them but couldn't hear them talking.

Concubine De took his hand and patted it, "Chen'er, it's hard for you to go to the palace, and Concubine Mother just speak up if she has something to say."

Li Chen said, "Mother and concubine don't need to be like this, you can tell me if you have something to do." Concubine

De nodded in satisfaction, "You also know that Feng'er will soon be thirteen. I would like to invite Xu Shanchang from Minghui Academy to come out of the mountain and give him Be a master. I heard that Xu Shanzhang has a great reputation and is a bit stubborn. Can Chen'er go to Qingzhou on behalf of mother and concubine to show the sincerity of our mother and son."

De Concubine seemed to be discussing, but there was no question in her words.

Qingzhou is a hundred miles away, and it takes less than half a month to go back and forth. If Concubine De was really a loving mother, why would King Ping drag her sick body around and work hard?

Li Chen did not reject this mission, the original owner had indeed been to Qingzhou. Minghui Academy is so big, there must be a lot of students, maybe his wife is there!

Thinking of this, Li Chen immediately agreed, "Okay, I will live up to my concubine's expectations and bring Xu Shanchang back to my sixth brother."

Anyway, this Xu Zhengqing is not a good guy. On the surface, he is a gentleman and dignified, but on the inside, he is sinister and cunning, full of evil!

Xu Zhengqing was behind every one of the bad things Yuanzhu did in his previous life.

Li Chen wished to see these two masters and apprentices being tricked to death by his own evil ideas!

Li Chen readily agreed, and the smile on Concubine De's face became even warmer, "There is also Yinger, she is already seventeen. I heard that the king of Nanjiang will come to Beijing to propose marriage in three months, and the only adult princess in the palace is Yinger." I'm afraid that the emperor will choose her as a marriage partner. Although Ying'er is not my own, I have raised her for so long, and I can't just sit and watch her go to southern Xinjiang to suffer. I think the son of Xuanweihou is good, you are outside the palace. It's convenient, if you have a chance to help me find out what the Marquis means..."

Li Chen frowned tightly, and opened his mouth to persuade, "Xuanweihou's son is not good, mother and concubine should choose another husband-in-law for the imperial sister."

Concubine De saw that he was unhappy, and smiled knowingly, "When I first entered the Prince's Mansion, there were not many people around your father? At least Ying'er was married to the Crown Princess who is currently married by the Ming Dynasty, and she herself is a princess. What?"

"But I don't want my sister to be wronged. She can marry a better husband."

Concubine De shook her head and said in a low voice, "Chen'er, Marquis Xuanwei has military power. When Feng'er sits on the supreme The position in the world is ours. No matter how bad the son of Xuanwei Hou was to her at that time, we can let Yinger reconcile and change her husband. I guarantee that the Hou Mansion will not dare to say a word!"

Li Chen was suffocated. , I don't know how to refute Concubine De's words.

Concubine De patted his hand, "You have grown up, Concubine Mother doesn't need to say much, you understand."

Li Chen was silent for a long time, and finally seemed to be persuaded by her, "...Concubine Mother, I know how Done."

Concubine De was right, Marquis Xuanwei had military power, and Marquis Xuanwei's son also had some real skills.

But there is one thing, this son of the world had the eldest son without getting married. I heard that he liked the eldest son's mother very much, and promised that as soon as the eldest son's wife came in, he would immediately adopt her as his side wife.

The wives of ordinary aristocratic families hurriedly refused when they heard this. It is impossible for the majestic Xuanwei Hou Shizi to marry a concubine daughter. Who would want to marry a concubine daughter to suffer! Selling girls for glory, do you want to lose your reputation?

But Concubine De was ruthless. If she really cared about her daughter, she would not have exchanged her daughter for Liu Zhaoyi's son.

Concubine De didn't have to worry that marrying Princess Changying would affect her and the sixth prince's reputation.

Li Ying was adopted by her, a princess whose mother's family is not obvious, Concubine De is willing to plan a marriage for her, so that Li Ying does not have to go to southern Xinjiang to get married, who would not praise Concubine De for her soft heart?

Li Chen saw from the memory of the original owner that Li Ying was indeed married to the son of Xuanwei Hou in his previous life.

But these two couples are not good birds, Xuanwei Hou Shizi protected the two mother and son in his palm. Li Ying was also unwilling to be lonely, and put a cuckold on Xuanweihou's son, and even planned to poison the eldest son to death, and gave birth to wild species to pretend to be his son.

After the eldest son of the concubine was poisoned, Xuanwei Hou Shizi quickly found out the facts, and the two husband and wife almost fought each other, and they never stopped dying. In the end, it was the original owner who dragged the sick body to the door to negotiate peace in person, invited a famous doctor to treat the illness for the eldest son, and sent a lot of precious medicinal materials, which was considered to reduce the anger of the Hou family.

At that time, the Marquis of Xuanwei already acquiesced to belong to the faction of the six princes, and both sides had ideas and room for reconciliation.

In the end Xuanwei Hou Shizi did not reconcile with Li Ying and Licheng, the two acquiesced to their own lives.

In this life, without Li Chen to mediate, the concubine De's marriage of Li Ying to Xuanweihou's son was a feud. I don't know how Concubine De would feel if she knew that she pushed Xuan Weihou into the opponent's arms with her own hands?

But now the concubine De is very happy. Seeing that Li Chen agreed to everything, she pulled him and told him, "The emperor promised me that I would come to Fuxi Palace to have lunch with our mother and son today. When you see him later, you must Be good. If the emperor is in a good mood, you can take the opportunity to ask him to give you an official position..."

Li Chen said awkwardly, "Mother, I am afraid that my body is not suitable for being an official in the court." Concubine

De didn't care , "Get more smart people to help you, and you don't have to do everything yourself. Good Chen'er, hold on for your mother and concubine and your brother. If you can't hold on, you can ask for leave. Your father knows that you are not in good health, so he won't Blame you, maybe he will praise you even after seeing your hard work."

Li Chen said hesitantly, "Then, let me try, but will Father agree?"

Concubine De smiled confidently, "Don't worry, there is a concubine mother !"

When Emperor Chongde came over, Li Feng and Li Ying were by his side. Especially Li Feng, because of his young age, made Emperor Chongde very happy by playing tricks and amusing.

When the mother and son of Fuxi Palace respectfully invited Ann, Emperor Chongde saw that Li Chen was in good spirits, and praised him rarely.

Concubine De took the opportunity to pick up the conversation, "Your Majesty, I heard that the more ill a person is, the more he has to go out and walk around. Chen'er's health is getting better day by day, and he has a smart mind. Why don't you give him an official position?" So that he can solve the emperor's worries and problems." Emperor

Chongde stroked his beard, stared at Li Chen with wise eyes and asked, "Prince Ping, do you think you can do it?" Li Chen

quickly glanced in the direction of Concubine De He glanced down, lowered his head and blinked his eyelashes quickly a few times, looking very nervous, "Father, I can." Emperor

Chongde was keenly aware of his hesitation, and his heart sank, his face sank.

Prince Ping's body is not suitable for being an official in the court at all, so let it be if he wants to, but he is reluctant!

Presumably, today's play is all about Concubine De's intention. Did she even disregard the health of the third child for the sake of the sixth child? !

Emperor Chongde thought about it, but he didn't intend to vent his anger on Li Chen, and even told him in a very kind tone, "Father believes in you, but whether your body can bear it depends on the doctor's words. In a few days, my father asked Wen Yuan to go to the palace for a pulse check, and he said yes, my father will give you a good job right away, absolutely!" Understanding what Emperor

Chongde meant, Li Chen secretly called out as if he had been rescued. After taking a deep breath, he knelt down and thanked him, "Thank you, father, for your kindness." The

emperor looked at him and smiled lovingly, but his eyes were full of brilliance.

Concubine De's ambition is too strong, the sixth prince is not yet thirteen, yet she started to pave the way for him!

Concubine De's attention was on Emperor Chongde, and she didn't see Li Chen's small movements, so she didn't know that he hesitated for a moment. The other two young ones stood in a row with Li Chen, and they didn't even notice it.

Hearing the emperor's words, Concubine De's nails were almost digging into her flesh, and she forced herself to laugh.

The Academy of Arts is the emperor's man, so he will definitely not help to cheat. King Ping's body, as soon as he checked his pulse, he knew that he was strong on the outside but dry on the inside.

The emperor has rejected Ping Wang!