Chapter 37

Li Chen stared at the black shadow in the southeast direction, "A ghost?"

"Huh?" Xue Chen's legs felt weak, and he wanted to kneel down immediately.

The black shadow floated in a little bit, it was wrapped in a long robe, its long black hair covered its entire face, and a pair of dark and terrifying eyes were exposed amidst the black mist.

"Jie Jie, Yin Spirit Body..." The

black shadow stared at Xue Chen salivatingly, Li Chen didn't think about it, moved a few steps, and stood in front of Xue Chen.

"A little ghost dares to block my way? Jie Jie, the Yin spirit body is mine, if you don't want to lose your soul, get out of here..."

This ghost was covered in black smoke, so thick that it was about to condense into a solid body. Li Chen looked at his translucent body, knowing that something was wrong, he turned his head and yelled at Xue Chen, "Run!"

Xue Chen didn't care to answer, picked up the bag and ran down the mountain.

"I don't know what's good!"

The ghost screamed, opened its mouth wider than its head, and rushed towards Li Chen! Li Chen knew that he could not be bitten by him, so he quickly dodged to the side. Li Gui's reaction was quick, he hit the air with one blow, turned around quickly, and was about to pounce on him again. In the nick of time, Li Chen condensed his mental power into an extremely thin needlepoint, aiming at its sea of ​​consciousness and piercing through it!

Li Gui didn't expect Li Chen to use his mental power to attack, so he was stabbed straight!

It hugged its head with its dark claws, and howled mournfully. Once he succeeded in the blow, Li Chen still wanted to take advantage of the victory and pursue the attack, but his soul and body were almost unable to hold on. Li Chen frailly stopped in place, his soul body swayed uncontrollably with the wind, becoming more and more transparent, and it was about to dissipate—

"⑴....walking the deep prajna paramita for a long time...the same is true for thinking and knowing... ..."

In a critical moment, Xue Chen went back and forth, holding the jade pendant in his hand, and rushed towards the ghost with his whole body!

The jade pendant's light was so powerful that Li Gui was severely injured by Li Chen's sea of ​​consciousness, and before he could dodge in time, he was bumped into by Xue Chen!

Li Chen watched helplessly as the ghost turned into a cloud of gray smoke and flew towards him. When Gray Smoke touched his soul body, he was swallowed instantly!

"???"

Li Chen blinked in confusion, and sensitively discovered that after devouring the ghost, his soul became much more solid!

This is, an upgrade?

Xue Chen, who had a panoramic view of everything, had already ran over, "Are you okay?"

"...It's okay. I just swallowed it?"

Xue Chen scratched his head, "I heard from the master that ghosts can also eat it." By devouring each other and eating other ghosts, you can increase your morality. But if you do this, there will be karma in the future, and the cycle of karma, good and evil will eventually have their retribution."

Li Chen is not afraid of karma, he is afraid of the system!

"System, this situation is not considered illegal operation? Can I strengthen myself by absorbing ghosts in the future?"

System: "Yes, actively devouring ghosts is not illegal."

Li Chen: Hehe, the system finally gave him a golden finger up!

After dealing with the ghosts, Li Chen was afraid that they would not be proficient in their business, and another ghost with higher morals would come and urge Xue Chen to leave. Xue Chen picked up the cloth bag, and one person and one ghost hurried to Xue's house.

The Xue family also lived in the county, but it was a crowded and chaotic old city. There are few street lights in the old city, and it is only past nine o'clock. Many people have already turned off their lights and rested, and the surroundings are dark.

At the door of Xue's house, Xue Chen skillfully found the key from a crack in a brick, and sneaked into the house. The room was quiet, Li Chen listened carefully and found two clear and shallow breathing sounds.

Xue Chen whispered, "My grandparents are old and go to bed early."

Li Chen didn't say anything, "You go to sleep too."

"And you, do ghosts want to rest?"

"No, I Go out and walk around."

"Oh."

After Xue Chen lay down, Li Chen floated out alone.

After unconsciously devouring Li Gui, he obtained some of Li Gui's remaining memories, and he also gained some experience in being a ghost. Li Chen has already discovered that after his soul body has solidified a bit, his range of activities has increased a lot.

Li Chen was wandering around the old city, and he actually bumped into a smoky ghost. This one was much worse than the ghost on the mountain. It wanted to hide when it saw Li Chen, and it only knew how to growl when it was about to be swallowed. It didn't seem intelligent.

According to memory, the darker the ghost qi emitted by the deeper the ghost, if it is that kind of black and red, he will run away.

Li Chen is different from these ghosts, the more ghosts he swallows, the more solid he will become.

In the next two months, Li Chen was busy looking for ghosts everywhere to improve his strength. It's just that ghosts are not so easy to see. If they don't take the initiative to appear, Li Chen can't find them at all. After two months, he didn't see a single one. Thinking of seeing two ghosts in a row that night, it was like a dream.

But Li Chen didn't gain nothing, he asked Xue Chen to get an old black umbrella, and the original owner's bones were hidden in the head of the umbrella. In this way, he can also let Xue Chen take him out in broad daylight.

On this day, Xue Chen entered the county police station with a black umbrella, because it was only a small police station in the county seat, and there were only four people including the director. This police station is relatively old, and there are only two small rooms inside and outside. The inner room is the file room and warehouse, and the outer room is the office.

There is a single table next to the south window, which is the director's position. As for the other three, they share an old wooden long table. A strong man Dagang with black crew cut, Li Xiuwen a gentle man wearing glasses, and an ordinary-looking woman were sitting on it.

The woman's position is on the outside, facing the door.

When Xue Chen entered, the director was drinking tea, the strong man Dagang was sleeping, and Li Xiuwen was reading a book. Only the woman gave him a strange look. It didn't rain again today, and I still took such a big black umbrella.

The woman asked Xue Chen, "Young man, what's the matter?" Xue

Chen said, "I'm here to report the crime." The

woman pulled out the report registration form, and pointed to the stool next to her, "Sit down and talk."

He glanced at the four people and asked the woman, "Can you keep it secret? The prisoner has been away from Heshan County for a long time. If the news leaks out, he will not be caught."

The room is not big, and anyone can hear anything they say.

The woman nodded seriously, "It's okay to keep it secret, but tell me the situation first."

"I'm going to report a murder case. The deceased is Li Chen, a county elementary school moral teacher, and the murderer is his brother Tian Xing..." The

woman asked doubtfully, " The elementary school teacher you said resigned two years ago? Didn't he go to sea to do business? When did he die?"

These days, it's rare for someone to resign with a solid job. Her nephew happened to be in a county elementary school, so I heard the news one ear.

"He was killed three years ago, and then his elder brother Tian Xing took his place as a teacher at the school..." The

woman interrupted him again, "I remember that teacher was the only son, where did he come from?"

"They They are twins, and Li Chen was adopted to Li's family. Later, he found his biological parents..."

Following Xue Chen's narration, the director, Da Gang, and Li Xiuwen, who was reading, all focused their attention. Xue Chen talked for ten minutes before explaining the case clearly.

The director asked, "Young man, do you have any evidence or physical evidence? According to you, the body of the deceased has been burned to ashes. We can't just hand over the materials to the laboratory without any evidence."

Xue Chen said, "I have a 'person' certificate." The

director asked, "Then why didn't you bring it?"

Xue Chen patted the black umbrella, "Brother Chen, it's your turn." As

soon as Xue Chen finished speaking, Li Chen made a The phantom suddenly appeared in front of everyone! In order to work, he used the version of the original owner when he died. The original owner was hacked to death. The long scar on his head was bloody and bloody, exposing the white skull. The fatal injury was at the neck artery, and the gurgling blood was like running water, soaking his whole body, and soon a small pool of blood gathered on the bottom of his feet.

"Ahhh!! Ghost!!!"

"Oh my god!!" The

woman screamed and quickly hid behind the director. The always calm director's eyes were wide open, and the eyeballs were about to fall off. With a 'plop', Dagang fell off the chair. It was Li Xiuwen, who clenched his hands and looked suspiciously at the phantom.

Li Chen only allowed the illusion to last for 20 seconds. He would have used up his ghost energy to come out in broad daylight, but he was also very tired if he deceived the eyes of four people at once.

The ghost disappeared, and the director looked at the location where it appeared tremblingly, tried his best to control his desire to escape, and asked Xue Chen, "Small, young man, just now, that, did I see a ghost?"

Xue Chen didn't see the phantom, no Knowing what kind of horror the director and the others have experienced, he replied with a normal face, "Yes, he is the deceased Li Chen. He died very badly. Please catch the murderer and help him avenge him!"

Da Gang's expression changed . He got up from the ground, groped and approached the director's ear, "Director, should we invite a master? They can appear in broad daylight, could it be Li, Ligui..." The

director had quick eyes and hands, and quickly covered his mouth. He squeezed his mouth and winked at him, "Stop talking!"

Who knows if that ghost will have supernatural powers, hearing them whispering!

The woman hung limply behind the director's back, and reminded, "It's here to avenge grievances. We solve the case, and we'll be fine if we solve the case."

Da Gang said quickly, "Yes, yes, solve the case!"

A look of interest flashed in Li Xiuwen's eyes, "I still have some questions, can I ask it to come out?"

Xue Chen frowned. "Actually, you can't see him when he comes out. What you see is an illusion created by him. What do you want to ask, I will give it to him." Convey."

Li Xiuwen raised his eyebrows, "What do you mean? You can see hell?"

"Yes, but the master won't let me speak out, so you must keep it a secret for me." The

director wiped the cold sweat from his brow, " No, no, don't worry."

Li Xiuwen didn't ask any more questions about what he was thinking.

Li Chen emerged from the umbrella. This was indoors. Although there was light coming in, he could still bear it for a while. One person and one ghost followed the director and they went through the case carefully and registered the incident, because it had been two years and the house had been sold to someone else. The director and the others decided to visit the crime scene first and collect information from the public.

After finishing what should be said, Li Xiuwen suddenly said, "It's so powerful, can you find where Tian Xing is now?"

Xue Chen shook his head, "No, I can't find it." The

director rubbed his chin, "It turns out that ghosts are not Is it omnipotent?"

Xue Chen honestly told them their address, and agreed to go up the mountain to dig up the bones after they investigate. Before leaving, Xue Chen repeatedly told them to keep it secret.

"Wait, Comrade Xiao Xue!"

Xue Chen looked back, and it turned out that the director had chased him out.

"Director, is there any question?"

The director in his forties touched his nose, feeling a little embarrassed. "No. Comrade Xiao Xue, I have some personal matters and I would like to ask you for help."

"Me?" Xue Chen scratched his head in doubt, "Director, tell me that I will help if I can."

"That's right, I There is a friend's son whose temperament has changed drastically since he came back from outside, and he has kept himself locked at home and refused to go out." The director pretended to be mysterious looking around, and leaned closer to Xue Chen's ear, "I heard it's a ghost. So what? , don't you have yin and yang eyes, can you help me take a look?"

"This..." Xue Chen was a little embarrassed, he did have yin and yang eyes, but what should he do if he encounters a ghost? He was lucky that night, and he didn't know if the jade pendant would work every time.

Li Chen in the umbrella was moved, and Xue Chen agreed through sound transmission.

After staying together for two months, Xue Chen already trusted Li Chen more, so he agreed to the director.

"Okay, I'll try." The

director said, "Then we go tomorrow?"

Xue Chen doesn't have to go to school tomorrow weekend. The two made an appointment to meet before Xue Chen left with the black umbrella.

After returning home, Xue Chen closed the curtains and Li Chen got out. Xue Chen asked him puzzled, "Brother Chen, why did you agree to the director? What if you encounter a ghost again?"

Li Chen said, "It's a good thing to kill three birds with one stone, why not go."

"Ah ?"

Li Chen taught him patiently, "First, the director owes us favors, so he will do his best to help with the case; second, if there is a real situation, you can take the opportunity to charge to earn money; third, I also need to absorb ghosts. If you don't go into the tiger's den, you won't catch the tiger's cubs. Proper risk is necessary. Don't be afraid, I will protect you tomorrow!"

Xue Chen looked at Li Chen trustingly, "Oh, I'll listen to you."

Li Chen thought for a while , I still asked him to prepare a branch of peach wood and a small bag of glutinous rice. These things are in Li Gui's memory. It has existed for an unknown number of years, and its knowledge is quite extensive. As for other things, Xue Chen does not have the conditions to get them now.

At the moment before noon the next day, Xue Chen met the director with his things on time, and the two walked towards the director's friend's house together.

Xue Chen said, "Director, we'll be here soon, don't tell your friends that I'm here to catch ghosts. If we can't handle it, we'll discuss it after we come out." The

director was a little surprised, "Can you catch ghosts?"

"Brother Chen said yes , let's go and try first."

Xue Chen didn't have a heart, and the director revealed his cards when he asked.

The director sneakily pointed to the black umbrella and said with a voice like a mosquito, "Is it inside?"

Xue Chen nodded.

The director silently walked away from Xue Chen's right hand holding the umbrella, and walked to his left. Not to mention this, the distance between him and Xue Chen has also widened, if not for the walls on both sides, he would want to stay eight feet away from him!

The two walked for ten minutes, and the director pointed to the employee's family building in front of him, "Here we are, it's upstairs." When they

reached the door, the director knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Old Jin, it's me! Zuo Jianguo!"

The people in the room quickly opened the door, Xue Chen glanced, there were three people in the room, and Lao Jin who opened the door was about the same age as the director. There were two other women in front of the dining table, one was thirty-four years older, and the other was a thirteen or fourteen-year-old girl.

Because it was noon, the three of them were eating.

Seeing that the director was bringing a strange boy with him, Lao Jin wondered, "Jianguo, you are..." The

director laughed, "Old Jin, where are you eating?" He pushed Lao Jin, "Why are you standing here? Keep eating! Leave me alone."

He pretended to look around, and asked, "Where is Xiaopeng? Or stay in the house and refuse to come out? I'll go and have a look."

He said, without waiting for Lao Jin to answer, Go straight to the left. He pushed the door open a little, and the room was pitch black, with the curtains drawn tight. The director dragged Xue Chen in, searched around, and found a person sitting in the corner of the closet. The man looked in their direction with a look of fear on his face. He should be Xiaopeng in the director's mouth.

Li Chen had already come out of the umbrella, and he saw a black shadow possessing Xiaopeng at a glance.

Seeing him, 'Xiaopeng' became even more frightened, and while trembling, he called Lao Jin and his wife. Li Chen heard two voices yelling, "Who are you? Get out!! Dad! Mom! Get them out!"

Lao Jin, his wife and their daughter had already followed in. He jumped, wondering, "Jianguo, here, let's get out, Xiaopeng doesn't want to let people in." The

director grabbed his sleeve, looked serious, and shook his head imperceptibly.

The son was still yelling for them to go out, and Lao Jin looked at his wife in a daze, but his wife looked back with a frown, and couldn't figure out the situation.

Li Chen knew that this ghost had been half-fused with Xiaopeng and couldn't get out now, so he immediately said to Xue Chen, "Go over and sprinkle glutinous rice on him."

Xue Chen went obediently, 'Xiaopeng' saw him approaching, It yelled louder. Xue Chen ignored him and spilled a handful of glutinous rice. As grains of glutinous rice fell on 'Xiaopeng', he cried and rolled on the ground, as if in unbearable pain.

In the eyes of Li Chen and Xue Chen, the glutinous rice fell on him, and puffs of white smoke came out, as if the glutinous rice was hot soldering iron slag, and when he touched it, it was ignited.

Looking at the situation in front of them, the old Jin and his wife seemed to understand something. They leaned against the door frame with weak legs, firmly keeping their young daughter behind.

"Use a mahogany sword and pick three inches in the center of his head." Li Chen said calmly.

This mahogany sword was sharpened overnight by Xue Chen himself, and it looks indescribable on the outside.

Xue Chen pulled out the mahogany sword pinned to his belt, swung it four times in a row, and finally hit the target! As soon as the ghost came out, Li Chen rushed up. It was not Li Chen's opponent at all, Li Chen waved his hands out of thin air and slapped it twice, which made it dizzy, and then swallowed it in one gulp!

After the ghost left the body, Xiaopeng calmed down. He hesitated and raised his hand to touch his face, and found that he could control his body now! As soon as they turned their heads and saw the old Jin couple at the door, tears fell, "Dad, Mom!" The

old Jin couple couldn't see ghosts, but they could see Xue Chen picking it out of thin air, and his son's body twitched, as if he had gotten rid of something. Control same.

The director swallowed his saliva and asked Xue Chen, "Comrade Xiao Xue, it's done?"

Xue Chen grinned happily, "It's done!

" In his arms, tears and snot flowed down from crying.

Lao Jin was okay, but his eyes were red, and his wife and daughter couldn't help crying. A family of four hugging each other is like surviving after a catastrophe.

When they were almost crying, Lao Jin wiped his tears and asked the director, "Jianguo, this little master is..." The

director nodded mysteriously.

Lao Jin looked at Xue Chen gratefully, "Thank you, little master, thank you for saving my son!"

Lao Jin's wife also said, "Yes, thank you, little master, I don't even know how to thank you ..."

Xue Chen's ears turned red with embarrassment, "You're welcome, actually..."

Xue Chen was about to move out of Li Chen, but Li Chen quickly stopped him. This kid is good at everything, but he likes to tell the truth!

The director looked at Xiaopeng curiously, "Xiaopeng, what's going on?"

Xiaopeng's face was still a little pale, and he looked scared, "They are all my classmates. They said that the house under Huayan Mountain is haunted. Asked me to go on an adventure. When I came back, I felt something was wrong. I only felt heavy at first, and then I couldn't control it. It was like, there was another person inside me..."

After Xiaopeng finished speaking, everyone stared at Xue Chen with burning eyes.

Xue Chen blinked his eyes, listened to Li Chen's words, and relayed, "His magnetic field is more compatible with that ghost, and he is possessed."

It's one thing to know it, but another thing for Xue Chen to say it directly. . Lao Jin trembled all over when he heard what he said, and hurriedly asked, "So, where is that ghost?" The whole

family also looked around in fear, for fear that the ghost was still in the house!

Xue Chen touched his nose, "Don't worry, I broke up."

Lao Jin asked in surprise, "Really?!"

"Really."

Under Xue Chen's repeated assurances, Lao Jin's family was completely relieved . Before going out, Lao Jin stuffed a few banknotes in Xue Chen's trouser pocket, saying it was a thank you fee. It's okay if Xue Chen doesn't accept it, they are worried.

The director also advised Xue Chen to accept it, "You accept it, just treat them as a peace of mind."

Xue Chen thought about Li Chen's words, then scratched his head, "Then I will accept it." Coming

out of Jin's house , the director also expressed his gratitude to Xue Chen and promised to work hard to investigate the case.

After separating from the director, Xue Chen muttered to Li Chen, "Brother Chen, you are too powerful. I didn't say anything just now, but the director took the initiative to mention your case.

" money." Xue Chen took out the banknotes in his trouser pocket, opened them, and found that they were two ten-yuan bills!

"Two, twenty yuan! What should I do? Will they give too much? I'd better go back."

Xue Chen turned around and wanted to go back, Li Chen said, "Just keep it, and someone else will pay you back later." If I ask you to catch ghosts, I will charge you according to this standard!"

"Ah? We, do we still want to catch ghosts?"

Li Chen looked enigmatic, "Don't underestimate the lucrative career of ghost catching."

There were only four people in the county police station, and Xue Chen promised to keep it secret. They could only inquire about the news as low-key as possible, and the investigation lasted for a week.

Da Gang said, "Director, I heard from Li Chen's neighbor that a man who claimed to be his elder brother actually came to their house three years ago. He stayed for more than two months, and then disappeared. One day, the neighbors heard a quarrel in their house."

"I asked about his appearance, that brother is usually slovenly and has a beard, no one has looked carefully."

Li Xiuwen stroked his chin and analyzed, "The situation is similar to that As Xue Chen said, no one saw Yu Fangfang and Li Nian go out after the incident, and Li Nian's school said that his father asked him for long-term sick leave. After that, both mother and daughter went crazy."

The only woman, Yang Zhenzhen, said, "What a coincidence, if no one reported the crime, we would have found out that something was wrong." The

director said, "We are now divided into two groups, really, Dagang, you go to Tianxing's hometown to visit Check out the situation. Note that Tian Xing's parents, relatives and friends are all there, so don't reveal your identity. Please ask the local civil servants to cooperate if necessary, safety first."

"Xiuwen, I have already applied for the physical evidence search team to cooperate with them At the same time, pay attention to the impact."

"Yes!"