Chapter 105

Li Chen didn't want to get rid of all the ghosts and ghosts in the palace in one go.

King Ping didn't have a reliable mother clan, and he couldn't find a replacement for him for the time being. If someone is going back to the palace, who knows who will be sent by the palace.

Therefore, Li Chen very casually chose one who was pleasing to the eye from the remaining stewards of the palace to be the manager, and forced him to sort out the accounts of the palace within three days.

The newly appointed Manager Li hadn't even opened his mouth when he was split into Bao Gong's face by a sudden thunderbolt.

The prince is too ruthless and unreasonable! !

Manager Liu left in a hurry and didn't have time to explain a lot of things. How would he get the ledger out? !

Li Chen didn't care how Mr. Li protested in his heart, anyway, he was the prince, and he only wanted to see the result when he gave the order.

After recuperating in the mansion for two days, Li Chen couldn't hold back and ran out.

It stands to reason that after the prince leaves the palace and builds a mansion, he will take an official position and enter the court to discuss matters. However, the original owner is too poor. For Chongde, it is better to give Prince Ping an official position and let him take good care of him and live the rest of his life.

Therefore, the original owner did not have to go to court, and lived a leisurely life every day.

But Concubine De didn't agree.

During the Lantern Festival palace banquet, Concubine De held onto the original owner and asked him to ask Emperor Chongde to give him an official position, so the original owner fell ill due to the cool breeze.

In his previous life, King Ping did go to Emperor Chongde, and he expressed his grievances in a cryptic manner, hoping that Emperor Chongde would treat him as a healthy son. He didn't want to lie in the palace for the rest of his life waiting to die, he wanted to go to court like other princes.

Emperor Chongde agreed with a soft heart, and the original owner began his life that made the civil and military officials of the Manchu Dynasty change their colors.

Li Chen didn't want to take an official position to go to the court, the road to the court was too hard, and the benefits were not great. Secondly, he didn't know where his wife was, and tied himself to death, how could he find a wife?

After being scrubbed with detoxification pills, the original owner's body has returned to health. Although King Ping was tall enough, he didn't have much flesh on his body, and he didn't go out much because of a long-term illness. His skin was pale and bloodless, so he still looked sick and weak.

Under the terrified eyes of Dou Yuanwu and the dark guard, Li Chen stepped out of the gate of the palace.

Now it happens to be the time when they go to Beijing for the exam once every three years, and all the restaurants and inns are full. After the exams, the candidates relax in vain. They either go out to play with their classmates, or get together to recite poems and fight against each other. Some even secretly discuss current affairs.

Li Chen wandered around in various restaurants and teahouses, picking out those students who were plainly dressed and had dull faces to chat with. He has tried his best to dress himself in the direction of the son of the clan, but the clothes can be changed, but the original owner's innate nobility cannot be concealed.

The students were flattered by his initiative to make friends. Seeing his gentle and approachable speech, many clever students took the initiative to talk.

Li Chen never refuses anyone who comes, and when he meets someone who is satisfied, he secretly remembers it in his heart, and when he meets someone who disagrees with him, he doesn't refute it face to face, he just listens with his ears.

The first day's inspection went very smoothly, Li Chen found a few satisfactory candidates, and made an appointment with them to meet the next day.

The next morning, Manager Li sorted out the account books and handed them over.

Li Chen checked roughly, then pointed out a few unreasonable places, and asked him to continue to investigate clearly, as long as the shortfall is made up, he will not pursue the rest.

Manager Li was about to cry, the purchases of the palace had always been higher than the market price. The extra ones are not splitting accounts between the managers and the people under them. The prince asked him to investigate, didn't he just use him as a knife?

And the part that was divided by Director Liu, who should come out? Mr. Liu's belongings have been registered and stored in the warehouse. I also know that the prince will not take care of them. In the end, it is not the person who wants to dismantle the account!

But he can't do it, he can't get anywhere clean.

The lord's move was ruthless enough, he didn't want their lives, but he dealt with them all. They made up for the shortfall and left a terrible handle. Who would dare to do something wrong to the prince in the future?

Manager Li went to work in disgrace.

Contrary to him, Li Chen happily went out to meet friends in the afternoon. He was still wondering if his daughter-in-law would suddenly appear from somewhere, but what he met was the original owner's nemesis—Jing Wang Li Yao.

Unlike Li Chen, Li Yao has a higher target for recruiting. His table is basically a group of candidates with high hopes of becoming a member.

Li Chen also wondered if he was Li Yao, so he took the initiative to say hello when he met someone.

"Second brother, what a coincidence?"

Seeing Li Chen, Li Yao frowned imperceptibly, "Third brother, what are you doing here?"

An ordinary question, Li Yao spoke forcefully, and his eyes were also very defensive. It seemed that he was waiting for Li Chen to make a move.

In fact, every prince would get to know some well-learned candidates in private, but the relationship between the original owner and him was extremely bad. When this kind of situation happened, it would definitely be exposed outright and embarrass everyone.

Students also have to face, Li Yao just started to associate with them, and did not reveal his identity. Everyone is of the same generation, and each expresses his own views. In fact, there are clever children who guessed his identity, but if he doesn't tell, they will pretend not to know.

But Li Yao was wrong, today's Li Chen had no intention of going against him at all.

Li Chen stared at him carefully for a while, and found that he was not the person he was looking for, and quickly lost interest in him, "I also made some new friends, and we made an appointment to come over for tea. Since the second brother is busy, I won't bother you anymore."

After saying that, Li Chen saluted, then turned around and led the people away.

There were seven or eight students at Li Yao's table, and they had been quietly listening to the two of them just now. Some who guessed the identities of the two were all surprised.

Everyone knew that the Second Prince and the Third Prince were not in harmony, but they couldn't tell from their conversation just now. This is too bland, there is no trace of gunpowder smoke. The half-brothers of ordinary people speak more irritatingly than this!

As expected of a prince, no matter how fiercely he fights in private, he is still brotherly and respectful on the surface.

Li Yao couldn't believe it either, did the third child take the wrong medicine today? Which time they met was not tit-for-tat. Could it be that the third child did the same thing as him, so he didn't want to cause trouble?

Li Yao winked at his confidant, who nodded and quietly left his seat.

...

"What did you say? What the third child sees are all unremarkable gestures?" On

the carriage back home, Li Yao heard the reply from his cronies, and felt that he must have made a mistake.

The confidant said affirmatively, "I have seen with my own eyes that the students that King Ping met were all at the bottom of the candidates for this exam. I heard that Niu Juncai and Xin Wencheng may even fail the exam."

Li Yao couldn't figure it out. "What is the third child doing to win over these people, pity for each other?"

This kind of question is not dared to answer by cronies.

"Okay, you go down. It's enough to send two people to watch over the third side. He can't make any trouble with a sick person. It's mainly about the fourth side. Watch carefully for me."

"Yes."

Li Yao thought that King Ping and Li Chen couldn't turn the tide, but he didn't know that in just three months, the Dexin Bookstore opened by King Ping became popular all over the capital!

Because of the variety of books in Dexin Bookstore, the prices are 60% cheaper than those on the market!

You can buy poetry collections every five pairs in bookstores, but you can buy them at Dexin Bookstore. Not to mention that there are some rare and rare books, all of which are printed in Dexin Bookstore, and the price makes the students crazy!

"Dong Fang, □, have you heard? Prince Ping opened a Dexin Bookstore on South Street, and the books in it are more than half cheaper than the market price!"

"Really?!"

"Of course it is true Yes! I met Xue Yinian just now, and he bought a big stack! Let's go quickly, I heard that there are a lot of people grabbing books in Dexin Bookstore these two days, if you go late, they will be gone!"

"Then wait What, hurry up!"

"Don't run so fast, wait for me!" The

three ran to South Street, where Dexin Bookstore was already full. The storefront was obviously extremely beautiful, but it was crowded by students from all walks of life, so there was no room for them to step down, and everyone went crazy over it!

"Don't grab it, don't grab it, I got this "Wu Gong Lu Ji" first!"

"It's too cheap, this "Chai Rong Ci Anthology" is only one tael!"

"Brother Lu, do you have any money, borrow it!" I'll pay you back next month!" Dong Fang swallowed, "What should I do, come in?"

" Go in , what if the original price is restored tomorrow? I have to buy two copies today no matter what. !"

"It's true..." The

three of them were trying to squeeze out a way out when they heard the director of Dexin Bookstore shouting, "Everyone, don't rush! My lord specially improved the printing of books so that students can afford them. In the future, Dexin Bookstore will have as many books as you want, and the price will never be raised!" "My

lord is so righteous!"

"Thanks to my lord, the money I saved this time is enough to buy several books!"

...

Li Chen Standing on the teahouse opposite Dexin Bookstore, listening to the praises from the students, his face was full of seriousness.

He has been looking for three months! He met all the people the original owner could meet. He also made excuses to visit people who the original owner could not meet.

No, not anywhere! He couldn't find the slightest trace of his wife's existence!

In the previous world, even if he didn't look for it deliberately, his wife would take the initiative to appear by his side. Whether he recognizes it or not, when he finds out, his wife is already by his side.

But this time, Li Chen's surroundings were clean, and there was not even a single object of suspicion!

Where did he go?

In the last world, before he left, did you have something to tell him?

Why should he not forget him? Has he never appeared again? !

No one knew the anger and collapse in Li Chen's heart, he could only urge his subordinates to speed up the progress every day, so that he could complete the task and leave here early.

At the same time, he also secretly hoped that he had guessed wrong, and the transportation information in ancient times was inconvenient, so it was hard to guarantee that his wife was not hiding in some small place waiting for him?

Since the examination list was released more than two months ago, Li Chen has absorbed twenty or thirty failed candidates to work for him.

These people have been carefully selected by him. They are all common people with clean family backgrounds. Their family conditions are not good, and their talents are not enough for people to support and recruit them.

Li Chen gave them a little training, and first set up printing workshops and bookstores to test the water.

The printing shop was improved based on modern printing technology, and it doesn't matter if someone imitates it, anyway, he has already established the reputation of the book shop.

Next, he will open more shops, involving various industries...

Li Chen brought Dou Yuanwu and others back to the palace. In the hall, Fang Quan'an, Concubine De's confidant, had been waiting for a long time.

In the past three months, Li Chen has visited Concubine De and the sixth prince Li Feng twice. Concubine De urged him to go to Emperor Chongde every time, Li Chen promised well, and fell ill when he left the palace.

Concubine De couldn't do anything about him either, Manager Li and the few stewards under him had long been caught by him and secretly became his people. The news that Concubine De got was only released with his permission.

He dragged on for three months, always feeling unwell. Now there are rumors that Prince Ping has opened a Dexin Bookstore to benefit students all over the world. Presumably, Concubine De is already very angry in the palace!