Chapter 97

Seeing the investigators, the behavior of the eight imprisoned researchers was different.

Some people kept banging on the glass door, trying to argue that they did not steal the samples, hoping that the investigators would let them out quickly.

Most people have been calm and steady, saying that they don't know about the missing samples. When the players investigated and asked, they also behaved professionally, narrating things clearly and logically.

There is also a talkative young man who doesn't talk too much, but also likes to laugh. He often tells himself cold jokes, which seems to be mentally disturbed.

This young man seemed to be very afraid of Leng Feng and Jiang Yiwen. Every time he saw them, he would talk nonsense and keep telling bad jokes.

Zuo Ming thinks that this is a protective mechanism that people have when they are extremely afraid. Because they lack a sense of security, they rely on talking to relieve pressure.

The players thought this young man was suspicious, so they focused on investigating him.

His roommate tells the player that he's always been a bit hyperactive, and his talkativeness isn't a recent phenomenon. His colleagues also said that he likes to joke, but his spirit is normal and he has never lost control.

Except for the loss of a virus sample and a researcher suspected of sudden neuropathy, the entire laboratory basically has no abnormalities. It seems like a combination of random accidents.

But the players are very clear that this is just the tranquility before the incident.

Sure enough, during the two days they visited and investigated, things became more and more weird.

First of all, the atmosphere of the laboratory has changed. The originally relaxed and harmonious atmosphere has gradually become tense and dull. Except for work matters, the researchers basically don't chat and joke. Everyone gets along very indifferently, like strangers to each other.

Not only them, but all the staff in the cafeteria, cleaning, security, etc. have changed. Even the joking uncle in the cafeteria stopped smiling, with a serious face and a pair of dead fish eyes staring at you all the time, as if confirming something.

To make matters worse, people in the laboratory began to disappear one by one.

Players found some bloodstains in some hidden places, such as vacant rooms or laboratories, toilets, warehouses, etc., but no corpses were found.

When they came in, the laboratory was sealed off by the brain, and it was absolutely impossible for the people inside to go out until the center fully confirmed the safety.

Where did the missing person go?

Judging by the amount of blood loss, it is impossible for some people to survive. What about their bodies? Where were they hidden?

Two days later, Zuo Ming and Yu Jie also disappeared one after another. I don't know when it started, Tu Yi, the person who loves to joke the most, also became expressionless.

Everyone noticed something was wrong.

The talkative young man who was locked in the glass compartment would never step out of the compartment to be questioned by them alone. It wasn't long before he was found poisoned and dead in his cubicle.

The players checked the surveillance and found that it was a researcher in the laboratory who delivered the food that day, but he claimed that he was not the one who poisoned.

Bei Yiming felt that his attitude was a bit strange, maybe he was too calm? If an ordinary person is wronged, he will definitely be very excited and think of various ways to defend himself.

But this researcher didn't, when he was interrogated. He has always been very organized, and he remembers everything he did that day clearly, and his testimony is perfect.

The players didn't find any record of him taking poison, so they had to lock him up first.

There are more and more mysteries in the laboratory, and players are like prey entangled in strings, unable to find a clue. He watched helplessly as he was surrounded and entangled to death.

Bei Yiming suddenly found that the rest of the teammates also put on expressionless faces, and all the expressions that should be on the faces of normal people disappeared. Like the researchers, the smiles on their faces became strange, like puppets controlled by humans, with fake and stiff smiles.

To be on the safe side, Pei Ming also began to imitate the people around him, trying to be like everyone else.

After completing this transformation, he suddenly discovered that emotional people who are happy and angry are as bright as light bulbs in the dark, and they are particularly noticeable.

But these people either disappeared quickly, or lost their emotions and turned into paralyzed faces.

Bei Yiming thought of the talkative young man locked in the cubicle. When he tells jokes, the reason why he is very cold is because he himself is not in the mood to tell jokes. He deliberately laughed, but his eyes wandered over the faces of everyone, as if he was observing their expressions.

Then he was afraid of Leng Feng and Jiang Yiwen because one of them was expressionless and the other was used to pretending to smile?

I remember one time, only he and Zuo Ming were there. The young man suddenly hinted at a bad joke that didn't make any sense.

"A painkiller was walking on the road, and the head suddenly fell off. Hahahaha, the head fell off, do you think it's funny? Later, the doctor put its head on the foot by mistake, and injected it to make it fatter by two inches. In the end, his wife also thanked the doctor, because it was about to expire, and now it looks brand new! Hahahaha, it looks brand new..." The

seemingly nonsensical joke, what do you want to tell them?

Painkiller head off, what is he referring to?

--Yes!

He's hinting at chemical structure diagrams!

Bei Yiming did not understand chemistry, and the researchers in the entire laboratory were originally his consultants. But now everyone has problems, and he doesn't know who is safe to turn to.

I have a clue, but I don't know how to find it.

Li Chen was not around, and Bei Yiming's most trusted person was Leng Feng, so he secretly asked Leng Feng out to analyze the situation with him.

To his astonishment, Leng Feng attacked him after hearing it!

Bei Yiming was completely unprepared. In the blink of an eye, a knife appeared on his chest.

Bei Yiming looked down, and saw that the blade had been deeply inserted into his chest, and only the handle was visible.

Leng Feng looked at him indifferently, and pulled out the knife casually. A large amount of blood gushed out, soon soaking his clothes.

Bei Yiming spat out a mouthful of blood with difficulty. It turned out that the feeling of being stabbed in the heart with a knife was so uncomfortable. Is he still in the game and why does he feel like he's really dying?

"Yi Ming!"

Jiang Yiwen appeared out of nowhere, seeing the blood on Bei Yiming's body, he called out his real name out of desperation.

Bei Yiming slowly slid to sit on the ground. When did Leng Feng get hit? He never doubted him at all.

It's all because of this guy's facial paralysis...

Seeing that his sweetheart was seriously injured and dying, Jiang Yiwen's eyes turned red, as if he had forgotten that this was a virtual game, he rushed forward frantically, and started fighting with Leng Feng.

But who is Leng Feng? His skill is not something that Jiang Yiwen's flamboyant fists and legs can parry. Without three moves, Jiang Yiwen also followed in Bei Yiming's footsteps, and was wiped by Leng Feng on the neck—

just like that, all members of the ten-member team died, and the dungeon failed in the judgment, and was sent out.

Seeing this, Li Chen couldn't help frowning. Jiang Yiwen's last move was really beneficial and harmless.

First of all, he was the only normal person left in the game, and Bei Yiming told Leng Feng the key clue to winning. Jiang Yiwen's chance of coming back alone was almost zero.

But it was different when he rushed out to take revenge, he became a male face in anger. After hibernating for such a long time, just for Bei Yiming's safety, he gave up the hope of winning, and was killed by the enemy in the end.

With such a sad ending, his old mother fans will feel sorry for him to death again, right?

With such a great sacrifice, if Bei Yiming still refuses to reconcile with him, how can he be worthy of his sincerity?

Moreover, the blame for the game's failure will also be dumped on others, and it has nothing to do with him.

Bei Yiming was the first to bear the brunt. Why did he choose to believe in Leng Feng when he had a clue? Bei Yiming was so moved that he forgave Jiang Yiwen, but if he didn't, he would be the one to take the blame!

Sure enough, within an hour of the end of the game, netizens were already talking about it. Except for those discussing the truth about the dungeon, most of them were attacking Bei Yiming.

[What's the matter with Haitang, playing the game with personal emotions, has it overturned? ]

[Leng Feng obviously has a problem, he even sent the clues up, why didn't he find Jiang Bei? ! ]

[Can God's perspective shut up? Leng Feng's face was paralyzed all the time, and he seldom spoke. Who would have thought that there was something wrong with him? ]

[In other words, how can there be such a long tongue in the human mouth, it's so disgusting! What the hell is that virus? ]

[They wanted to infect Zuo Ming and Yujie, but they couldn't infect them, so they ate them? ]

[Are the infected ones still human beings? Why do they have their memories? ]

[I feel that people who have been infected are more stable, efficient, and organized. Is it evolution? ]

[My poor Jiang Jiang, he could have won, but he was defeated by that bitch Haitang! ]

[Gentle Township, Hero Tomb. But losing the game and winning the beauty, Jiang Bei did well in this deal! ]

[Begonia stupid-force! ]

[Agreed, seeing Haitang is annoying! ]

[Jiang Bei's fans are enough, Haitang can persist until the end, and even analyzed the clues, very strong! ]

[Some people are keyboard warriors, and after the unconvinced game is launched, take a look at the rankings! ]

...

Li Chen had already made his own plans. He called Bei Yiming as soon as the game ended, hoping that he would come over and talk to him if he had something to say.

Hearing his invitation, Bei Yiming immediately walked out of the shadow of death in the game. The whole person was nervous and looking forward to it, wishing to fly over immediately.

Brother Li refused to tell him anything, which made him unable to hold back his wild thoughts!

It's not that Li Chen doesn't want to go there by himself.

Both of them are on the cusp now, and it's not appropriate to meet outside. And the daughter-in-law lives at home, and there are too many people in the Bei family, so the daughter-in-law can only come here by herself.

But it was an hour later, Li Chen bought flowers online and ordered the most expensive takeaway in a high-end hotel. He finished decorating the room, and chose a beautiful and lyrical song, planning to confess his love later, trying to move his wife to tears!

It's been several worlds, and it's the first time for him to take the initiative. Thinking about it, I feel a little sorry for my wife!

Li Chen arranged everything meticulously, but the most important person never arrived. He made several phone calls, but no one answered. He had no choice but to contact Bei Yiyi.

...

The author has something to say: I

made a mistake again...

The next chapter must be sweet!