Chapter 30

Li Chen decided to refuse the marriage after considering it. After making his decision, he was not as relieved as he imagined. In all his lifetimes, he has lived for more than a hundred years, and the revolving memories in his mind are dim and restrained. He seems to be able to blend into any environment perfectly, but in fact, he does not feel lonely in his heart. The dark and oppressive heart lake has been calm all year round. Duan Yuhua is like a naughty child, constantly throwing stones into the lake. Li Chen's rationality told him that this child was just a phantom, and when he left this world, everything about him would disappear.

Duan Yuhua took the initiative to contact Li Chen, saying that he wanted to talk, and Li Chen agreed.

The two made an appointment to meet at the school gate after class.

Compared to Li Chen's silence, Duan Yuhua smiled slightly, looking no different from usual.

"Come on, let's eat barbecue?"

Li Chen had no objection.

The store they often go to is very close to the school gate, just a few minutes' walk away. Li Chen and Duan Yuhua walked in front, and two bodyguards followed behind.

Duan Yuhua squinted his eyes slightly and looked at him, "You want to refuse the marriage?"

"Yes."

Duan Yuhua twitched the corner of his mouth, "Can't you find an excuse and a reason to make me feel better?"

"..."

Duan Yuhua stood still , looked at him seriously, "Situ Chen, I know you don't like me, but the marriage between our two families is good for you. My brother is the heir cultivated by the Duan family. With this level of in-law relationship, my brother will fully support you. After we get married, there will be no real relationship, you can still treat me as a friend, and you can even find another person you like to raise a child to inherit everything from you, I will not be dry about any of your decisions."

Duan Yuhua carefully observed Li Chen's face, seeing that he was not angry, he pursed his lips nervously, and said in a low voice, "I just want to stay by your side, it doesn't matter if you don't like me, as long as I like you..."

Li Chen Chen raised his eyebrows, "Sounds good, so you won't be dry if I sleep with someone else?"

The blood on Duan Yuhua's face quickly faded, and he smiled bitterly with a pale face, "I will try my best...I swear, I will control myself, and I will never become your trouble... " Before

he finished speaking, the sound of violent brakes was mixed with screams one after another—

"Danger! Run!"

In a place they didn't see , A car that was driving normally suddenly lost control, slid laterally, and rushed towards the two at high speed!

At this moment, it seemed that someone had been pressed into slow motion. Li Chen, who had his back to the car, could only see Duan Yuhua rushing up anxiously, rolling sideways while hugging him to avoid the impact. But their movements were still not fast enough. When the severe pain hit, they were knocked into the air, fell heavily, and rolled a few times before stopping. Duan Yuhua blocked the fatal blow for him with his body, and the blood in his mouth sprayed Li Chen's face!

"Master Chen! Both of them were hit, don't touch them..."

"I'll call someone right away!"

Li Chen was in so much pain that he couldn't open his eyes, and the bodyguard's voice gradually became blurred——

Situ Yu When I received the news that Situ Chen was hit, I was ecstatic. He rushed to the hospital in a hurry, only to learn that Situ Chen only had a broken left arm, two broken ribs, and a small amount of broken ribs were inserted into his lungs. Although he is temporarily in a coma, his life is not in danger and he will wake up soon. He looked at the layers of bodyguards in and out of the ward, his heart beating like a drum, did grandpa know something? Why are so many bodyguards sent to protect Situ Chen!

Situ Cheng, who also came here after hearing the news, didn't know whether to be disappointed or fortunate. Situ Chen had his handle in his hands. If he died unexpectedly, the email about his pocketing would be sent automatically.

The father and son with ulterior motives saw that the ward was guarded so that mosquitoes could not fly in, and they were powerless to make small moves. After staying for a while, they could only leave unwillingly.

After returning home at night, the frustrated Situ Yu took the initiative to contact the other party again.

"Hello?"

"What's the matter, Situ Chen is not dead yet?!"

"...Sorry, the operation failed, the mission is terminated."

"What? The mission is terminated, I disagree!"

"Sorry, we have to evacuate now, you You don't want us to be caught, do you?"

It's not fun to mess with the two big families in the capital at the same time. The people who showed up at the scene of the incident have been screened out. People like them who have no identity as students are the primary targets. There are already people in the afternoon Come over to the community they rented to inquire about news, if they don't leave, their identities will be exposed.

The other party continued, "The mission failed. The organization decided to only charge half of your final payment. Please remit the money to our account on time. The payment method is the same as last time.

" Want the final payment?"

"Master Yu, the rules of the organization are like this. You have half a month to think about it. If you don't see the money after half a month, we will find another way to make up for the loss. At that time, it is not something that money can solve... ..."

"Hah!" -

before the other party finished speaking, Situ Yu hung up the phone angrily, "What the hell! How dare a bunch of trash threaten me!"

Situ Yu removed the phone card, broke it in half, smashed the phone, and threw it into the trash can.

The next day, after Situ Yu left the apartment, Xue Yi dug out the smashed mobile phone from the trash can. He bought a monitoring device without telling Situ Yu and put it in the phone. Fortunately, Situ Yu only smashed the phone, and the equipment inside was still intact. Xue Yi uploaded the audio data to the computer and saved it in the USB flash drive he had prepared earlier. After doing all this, he wiped away all traces, thinking that no one would notice.

Ever since he accidentally ran into Situ Yu on the phone last time, he had the idea of ​​recording. Xue Yi comforted himself, he didn't want to threaten Situ Yu with the recording, he just wanted to give himself a guarantee... ———————— By the time

Li

Chen woke up from the coma, it was already three days later.

The old man who stood by himself was surprised and delighted, "Ah Chen, you're awake!"

Li Chen frowned, his body was heavy and slow, and he felt a dull pain immediately when he moved slightly. He opened his mouth, his voice hoarse and weak, "...Grandpa, Huazi

, how is it?

"

Go and see him."

"You just woke up, don't move around, go when you feel better."

Li Chen mentioned it twice, but the old man refused. Li Chen was anxious, "Grandpa! How is Hua Zi?"

Duan Yuhua used his body to block most of the damage for him, and he was unconscious for two days, so what about him?

Master Situ sighed, "The child hasn't woken up yet, the doctor said, maybe he won't wake up in this lifetime."

Li Chen was stunned, "Grandpa, what did you just say?"

"...You heard me right, Duan Yuhua's organs were torn all over his body, he suffered a severe head injury, and he is still unconscious."

Li Chen recalled his mouth full of blood. "Where is he?!"

Old Tan behind the old man immediately stepped forward to help hold him down, "Don't worry, Master Chen. Master Duan is in the intensive care unit. I'll let someone push you to see it."

The old man acquiesced to Lao Tan's suggestion. The child of the Duan family was always trying to save Ah Chen, so go and see it if you want.

Outside the intensive care unit, most of the Duan family had gone back, only Duan Yuhua's cousin led someone to guard them. Seeing the nurse pushing Li Chen over, Duan Yujun frowned and stared at Li Chen on the hospital bed unfriendly.

Li Chen could not enter the intensive care unit and could only visit through the glass on the outer wall. Duan Yuhua's head was wrapped in bandages, and tubes and detection instruments were inserted all over his body. He can no longer breathe on his own, relying entirely on the ventilator. If it wasn't for the electrocardiogram, he would still be beating. He looked as if he was dead.

Li Chen watched in silence for a while, then asked the system, "Can you cure him?" The

system responded coldly, "This system does not have such a function, please wait for the mall to open."

Li Chen's deep pupils were pitch black without a trace Guangming, he didn't understand what kind of relationship could be as desperate as Duan Yuhua's, even at the expense of his life. The people from Garbage Star taught him the law of the jungle, and he was used to relying on himself in everything. He never imagined that he would be protected by others one day. He even felt a little impulsive just now, if the system had a way, he was even willing to use all his points to save him, just to see that gentle smiling Duan Yuhua who only saw him in his eyes.

But that was just an impulse after all.

Li Chen quietly stared at his own reflection on the glass, closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, he had firmly concealed his tenderness. He calmly ordered the nurse, "Send me back."