› where hearts meet. danielle marsh ‹

> warning : nothing.
> pretty boy by the neighborhood is honestly perfect for this oneshot.
> hospital love 🥲
> angst and fluff?
> plot; they met at a hospital and fell in love.

- 💌 -

- danielle pov -

"so you're all good! you can leave" my doctor said to me as i smile and walk out of my doctor's office.

hi! i'm danielle marsh or mo jihye. you can call me dani. or whatever you guys want! i'm 17 years old. i was diagnosed with stage 1 cancer. it's sad, isn't it? i don't want this to happen to me either. this is my destiny.

back to my story.

i move back to my ward and noticed a new patient inside the ward. WOAH I GOT A FRIEND!!

well, you know. i was lonely because i'm the only one in this ward. now i feel so happy because i have someone to talk to!

i made my way closer to her; she looks so sad. i guess something bad happened to her.

"umm... hi?" i peeked over her face.

she flinches before wiping her tears to look at me. "hi" she greets me back before hiding her face.

awh i don't get to see her face.

"why are you crying? mind if you tell me about your problem?" i take a seat on the chair near her bed.

she wipes her tears and shows me her left arm and her left leg that has been cemented.

"i got into an accident. my left arm and leg broke and i'm the only one who left alive" she tells me. "i was the reason they died"

"no! no, girl. how can you say that?"

"because i'm the one who fucking drove the car!" she looks at me; her eyes are showing hatred and sadness, and her eyes are also glassy.

i can see her face now.

"it's okay. i understand" i said as i wiped her tears. "i know what you feel, just let it out" i added as i scoot myself closer to let her hug me.

with that, she hugs me tight and began to cry her heart out. "i'm sorry. i should not yell in front of you" she apologizes and continues to cry.

- timeskip -

i pushed the wheelchair; on it is a new girl. her name is ryu y/n. she's eighteen years old and she is quite quiet too.

i brought her to the hospital garden to take some fresh air - it was awkward because no one dared to talk.

"i'm sorry" she mutters. "i'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. i was... stupid"

"hey, it's okay. really" i hold her hand.

then, the atmosphere became awkward again. she looks at me and looks down back.

"so... why are you here?"

"i was diagnosed with stage 1 cancer," i said as she looks at me with sympathy face. "i got it from my relatives. i guess? it's been three months since i was in here. it was boring"

"that's tragic," she said. "don't you miss school?" she tilts her head.

"kinda. some of the teachers and my friends come to visit me in their free time" i simply answered. she only nod her head.

we are getting closer every day. i get to know her better and she gets to know me better. even with my cancer stage 1 condition, i'm still can have fun like i used to. sometimes we stay up at night to scare the guard. it's a lot of fun.

we also fell in love with each other. so we have become a couple. it's so sweet when y/n comes to me and surprises me with her handmade origami. she loves origami and i often received a lot of em.

we even kissed too, if you wanna know.

my lonely life changed when y/n came into my life. i don't regret meeting her in the first place.

"dani" she calls me by my nickname got me to snap back to reality. i look at her and she was smiling at me with her glassy eyes. "y-you can do this. you'll be fine"

"i-i'm scared" i hold her hand tight.

"no, no, no. don't be. you'll be fine" she comforts me. "i love you, dani," she said as she kisses my hand.

"i love you too, y/n"

"you may stay outside, kid," the doctor told me as he pats y/n's shoulder and the nurses began to push me inside the operating room.

"god, save me"

> to be continued to part two <