› quiet companions. kang haerin ‹

> warning : nothing.
> FLUFF
> plot; without any plans for their holidays, y/n suggests to haerin that they should work as babysitters as a part-time job.

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

it was the holiday season and students had returned home for the holidays. haerin and y/n were walking hand-in-hand as they headed to y/n's house.

"it's unusual for you to hold my hand in public." y/n noticed that haerin was holding her hand tightly and swinging it back and forth.

haerin looked up at y/n with a teasing expression. "why? am i not allowed to hold your hands in public?" she asked playfully.

y/n smiled and squeezed haerin's hand. "of course you are. in fact, i like it when you hold my hand very much."

haerin blushed, feeling a little embarrassed that she had acted so affectionate towards y/n in public.

she squeezed y/n's hand again, then looked away with a shy smile on her face. "i'm sorry to have been so clingy. i just really love you and being with you."

y/n laughed. "it's okay. i love you and being with you too."

after a brief silence, haerin looked up at y/n to ask her a question. "do you have any plans for the holidays?" she asked, wanting to know how they would spend their time together during the holiday season.

y/n shakes her head to say that she doesn't have any plans for the holidays, she looks at haerin and asks her, "you?"

haerin also shrugs her shoulders to indicate that she doesn't have any plans either.

after arriving at y/n's house, y/n brought haerin inside.

then, they were greeted by y/n's mother, who seemed to have been expecting their arrival.

"you brought your girlfriend too!" y/n's mother exclaimed as she pulled the two introverts couples to the dining table. "sit down, sit down!" she cheerfully said, motioning for them to take a seat.

haerin sat down next to Y/n, feeling a little shy under y/n's mother's watchful eye.

y/n's mother continued, saying in a cheerful and friendly voice, "so, what are your plans for the holidays? you two are going to stay together, right?"

"n-not yet" haerin stated. "we didn't plan anything for the holidays... yet," she added before looking at y/n with a look of uncertainty.

"yeah" y/n replied. "besides, i think i'm going to stay at home until the holidays end," she added, throwing out an awkward laugh.

haerin also gave in to the awkward laughter, feeling like she was in a very uncomfortable situation.

y/n's mother, however, seemed oblivious to the awkwardness happening between the two girls. she continued to smile brightly and seem cheerful, saying, "we can definitely make some plans for the holidays, girls. i can plan something if you want."

"sure" both introverts said in unison, smiling awkwardly as they decided to go along with y/n's mother's offer to plan something for the holidays.