› the last embrace. kim minji ‹

> warning : blood, violence, murder, and curses.
> ANGST AHAHAHAH
> basically inspired by ccurio ; her yujin oneshot - time traveler.
> her books need more readers y'all i swear it's worth reading.
> plot; umm minji tried to save y/n?

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

it all began one day when minji and her girlfriend; y/n were doing their acting project for their school festival at minji's place. but then things took a turn for the worse when a car hit y/n and everything changed.

after two months, now, minji was still crying and couldn't accept the fate that her girlfriend dead. she kept blaming herself for not sending her home. what if minji walked y/n home that time?

and with that, the race against time began...

minji wakes up with a loud gasp, from the nightmare. she feels relieved that it was just a dream. but then she notices that the time on the clock is not what she remembers, and she slowly starts to realize that she's back at the same time as at the start of her nightmare.

the day when she lost a piece of her; y/n.

realizing that it was not a dream, she comes to the horrifying realization that she has been given a second chance to change things and prevent the terrible events from happening to her girlfriend y/n.

she takes a second look at her calendar on the wall; 20 july 2022. she wides her eyes and covers her mouth.

"what the fuck?"

she flinched when she heard her phone ringing from the side. she curses herself before accepting the call. it was y/n. her girlfriend that she has lost two months ago.

"yah! kim freaking minji! are you still in your bed? it's almost one hour i've been waiting for you to come here and do our acting project! where are you?!"

instead of apologizing, minji started to cry because she has been missing hearing her girlfriend's voice.

"e-eh? are you crying? do i make you cry, minji? don't cry! i'm sorry!"

minji shakes her head and wipes her tears and sniffles. "d-don't be sorry... i'm the one who should be..."

time passes, and when she arrives at the place where y/n has set up yesterday, she couldn't help but admire her lover's beauty. she couldn't believe that y/n was in front of her.

but at the same time, she needs to be prepared when they were about to go home. the time when all of her life changed.

"you're usually a fast learner... why are you so slow today?" y/n complained as she combs minji's hair. "but don't worry, we still have plenty of time"

it has been a while since minji heard her girlfriend's lovely voice. with her soothing touch that never fails to make minji smile in excitement... minji feels grateful to have a second chance and she promises herself to not lose this golden opportunity.

"i'm going home now," y/n told minji as she leans closer to minji's face to kiss her lips. "see you tomorrow, darling"

minji wides her eyes. she then pulls y/n inside her room back as she kisses y/n's lips passionately; not showing her worries.

"woah, that was so sudden" y/n giggled after breaking the kiss. she stares into minji's eyes and smiles. "why was that?"

"i-i just wanted to kiss you..."

y/n squealed. "are you saying that you want me to stay here a little longer huh? dummy?" she pinches minji's cheeks.

minji nodded her head. "please stay with me a little longer. i miss you"

"huh? we've seen each other every day!" y/n tilted her head.

"am i not allowed to miss you?" minji pouted her lips which caused y/n to look away and blush. she didn't expect minji would say such sweet things.

"dumbass" she mutters and pulls minji into a tight hug as they fell on minji's bed. "should we cuddle?!"

- timeskip -

"i have to go, minji" y/n said, trying to leave but minji kept forcing her to stay.

"please!! just this once! let me sleep in your arms tonight!" minji desperately pleaded, hugging y/n from behind to prevent her to go home.

"you're weird today, minji" y/n said. as far as she thought, minji wasn't the type of girlfriend that would beg her to stay. she would rather follow her sleep at her home.

"fine. if you want to go home... then can i walk you h-home?" minji asked, tilting her head to the side.

"whatever you want" y/n mutter, rolling her eyes.

and with that, minji followed y/n from behind - her body began to feel restless. anxiety and worry take over her body as she watched y/n with full caution.

"stop looking at me like that" y/n pushed minji's shoulder teasingly. "you scared me, minji" y/n hugged minji's shoulder while walking to the crossroad.

"y/n, you k-know i love you, right?"

"yeah" y/n answered. "what's with the sudden question? you're going to miss me, eh?" y/n giggles as her lips formed a smirk.

"i love you, y/n"

minji looks to the right and left, this is the road where y/n got hit by a car. she felt anxious. she couldn't hear what y/n said. she was lost in worry. she was afraid.

then, her eyes caught a familiar car that hit her girlfriend. the car was driving fast, there was no point in avoiding it. her eyes went wide as she pushes y/n to the front and the car hit her instead of her girlfriend.

however, she feels relieved. as long as it's not the love of her heart that hurts. she couldn't bear to see her girlfriend die horribly.

with tears in her eyes, she whispers one last time to her girlfriend; "i love you"

and with her declaration of love, minji eventually accepts her fate and lets the loop continue, forever doomed to live in a world without her lover.