› mute. kang haerin ‹

> warning : curses, violence and blood.
> angst and fluff
> idk tho
> plot; who touched her girl will face the consequence.

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

the girl sat in the corner, trying to stay as hidden as possible. she was bruised and beaten, having just been through a brutal attack. tears silently flowed down her cheeks, falling from her wide-open but closed eyes. her uniform was dirty and torn, and her hair was matted and tangled. despite the pain she was clearly feeling, a faint sound of a whimper escaped the girl's mute lips. she was clearly in distress, but it seemed she had become used to this suffering.

the girl curled up in the corner, trying to block out the pain from the kick. she tried to hold back her tears, but failed miserably. the boy that kicked her laughed at the girl's anguish, and told her, "we told you to do our homework, right? why can't you just do it? you're happy we're going to be getting detention, right?" the boy's tone was cruel, making y/n tremble.

the boy gripped y/n's hair, pulling her face up to face him and the other bullies. "look at how pathetic you are," he said in a mocking tone. this only made y/n tremble and feel even more ashamed. she tried to hold back her tears, but it was no use. the bullies continued to laugh and mock her, which only made her feel even worse.

"YAH STOP RIGHT THERE!"

the bullies pushed y/n away from them, knowing that if they were caught, they'd be in trouble. y/n, still dazed and hurting, could do nothing as the bullies ran off.

a teacher turned the corner and saw the scene play out. he was furious at the sight, and went over to see if the mute girl was alright. the teacher could see that she was clearly injured.

the teacher gently helped the girl to her feet. he noticed the bruises and cuts all over her body, and was appalled at what had happened. he knew y/n couldn't speak, and wished he could get some answers from her, but he had to get her some help.

he led y/n to the nurse's office, where the nurse tended to her wounds. y/n just stayed quiet, too traumatized and scared to tell the truth. the teacher stayed with her, knowing that she needed someone by her side.

a while later, y/n took out a small notepad and pencil. she began writing something on it, and the teacher was curious to see what she had to say.

when she was finished, she showed the notepad to the teacher. it read,

thank you for saving me, and i'm fine now. thank you again :))

the teacher, seeing the note, was relieved to know the girl was feeling better. he smiled and nodded at the girl, hoping that she would be able to stay safe from now on.

then, the mute girl walked home by herself, trying to process what had happened. she was still hurt, but she was slowly starting to feel better. she made it home safely, and was relieved to be back in a place where she felt secure.

haerin, y/n's beloved girlfriend, came into view as the door opened. her face was filled with concern as she took in the sight of the bruises and the messy state of the mute girl.

"oh, sweetheart," haerin said, stepping forward. she wrapped her arms around y/n and trying to comfort her. "what happened? are you okay?"

y/n just nodded and leaned into haerin's embrace, relishing in the closeness and safety of her girlfriend's arms.