› lockdown. lee hyein ‹

> warning
> fluff... AND ANGST >:))
> I GOT THIS IDEA FROM MY HISTORY BOOK LMAOOO
> trying to create my own history cuz why not 😍
> plot; outsiders invaded the ditto village causing residents to be locked down due to the outsiders' capability.
> enjoy 4000+ words

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

the villagers of ditto were a peaceful and tight-knit community. they lived simple, fulfilling lives together, free from the chaos and danger of the outside world - everything changed when a group of outsiders invaded the village with their powerful capabilities, forcing all residents to stay locked down.

flashbacks...

it was a perfect summer afternoon, and y/n was spending it in the most perfect way possible; lounging by the lake with her girlfriend hyein.

hyein gently played with y/n's hair, a soft smile on her lips, as they soaked in the serene atmosphere of the lake's edge.

after a fun-filled day of lounging and playing in the lake, they were currently enjoying a quiet moment together, filled with the warm glow of romance and the sparkle of youth. it was the perfect way to spend a summer day.

"what would you do in summer, y/n?" hyein asked.

y/n looked up at hyein from her lap with a smile. "well," she paused for a while, her eyes sparkling. "i would spend the summer with the person i love the most..." y/n looked back at hyein and hyein smiled back, a blush spreading across her cheeks.

hyein leaned in and gave y/n a quick kiss on the lips, before looking away shyly. "i would do the same," hyein replied. "i would spend summer with the person i love the most..."

after that, y/n lifted her head up from hyein's lap and stood up, a cheeky smile on her lips. "then, let's go" she said, her arms outstretched and beckoning.

hyein giggled and rose to her feet, rushing into y/n's arms. she settled her head on y/n's chest, enjoying the warmth of her embrace as she listened to the beating of her heart.

without warning, y/n pulled hyein into the cool waters of the lake; sparking a shrill scream of surprise.

hyein surfaced from the water, her dark hair clinging to her face and water dripping from her clothes. her face full of shock as she gave y/n a good-natured slap on the chest. "you're so mean, y/n!"

y/n was struggling to contain her own laughter at hyein's reaction. then, she held up her hands in surrender. "you were too absorbed in listening to the sound of my heart," she chuckled. "i wanted you to hear the sound of the lake instead." she joked.

hyein rolled her eyes and tried to smack y/n again but y/n managed to catch her hand and held it, gently pulling her into a comforting hug.

"i'm sorry, will you forgive me, hyein? i didn't mean to scare you like that" y/n whispered, hoping hyein's anger would fade away.

hyein slowly calmed herself as she felt the warmth and comfort of y/n's embrace. "i can't stay mad at you for long,"

y/n's lips formed a smile as she senses hyein forgiving her mistake. she looks at hyein as she mutters; "thank you"

"and yes, you're right. i was enchanted by the sound of your heartbeat," hyein admitted. "but you don't have to resort to tricks to pull me back to reality."

y/n smiled sheepishly and caressed hyein's face. "i couldn't help it, you looked so adorable being completely absorbed in my heart's rhythm."

hyein playfully rolled her eyes in frustration before smiling. "you're unbelievable."