› withered leaves. ban heesoo ‹

> warning : slight curses and PREPARED LOTS OF TISSUES >:))
> fluff and ANGST >:)
> 20th century girl vibes
> pls listen to seasons by wave to earth while reading this oneshot !!
> plot; heesoo likes her friend, y/n since they had a summer camp a year ago, but she doesn't think she's right for y/n.
> enjoy 3000+ words

- 💌 -

- heesoo pov -

she's so gorgeous.

i thought to myself, staring at y/n who was smiling at me. she waves at me and i did too - this feeling is getting worse, yet it brings me joy. i should not have liked her in the first place. but guess this is my fate that god decides.

y/n is a famous cheerleader - she has indescribable beauty that people would literally fall for her in one glance. she is also a sociable person and, rarely, she doesn't smile at all the students in this school as well as the teachers, staffers, and others.

she's completely different from me.

i'm just a normal student. i'm quiet and rarely socialize with people. i only focus on my studies because i don't want to fail in the education system or life.

so, this is why i feel ashamed to feel this kind of feeling towards y/n. this is very embarrassing and yet i can't resist this feeling. it hurts me but i'm still stuck in this feeling. what is this magic on me? why can't i get rid of this feeling?

"heesoo!!"

i heard she calls my name from afar. i turn to the side to look at her; a pretty wide smile plastered on her face and i could only admire the god's creation.

"do you see how wonderful i did the backflip?" she asks me with excitement in her eyes and tone. i nod my head in response as she giggles. "i'm glad you did, hee. i did that for you" she said as she winks at me.

weird... she's clearly done that for minji.

oh yea! have i told you about minji? so, this minji girl was kind of close to y/n. i usually listen to y/n talked about how pretty she was.

"you're sweating mess, y/n. here, use my handkerchief" i give my handkerchief to y/n and she uses it to wipe her sweat. i look around and there are some people left. "we should go, it's getting late"

"ah yes. here, your handkerchief. thank you, hee" she gives me my handkerchief back but i just stare at her. "what?"

"just keep it, i got like sixth more at my house," i spoke out and handed over her bag to her chest. "come on, y/n~ time's running"

"fine~!" y/n whined while keeping my handkerchief in her bag and we both walked out of the gym.

the silence between us was awkward. i was at a loss for words and it felt as if you had nothing to say either. i didn't know what to do or how to break the silence. i wished things were less awkward and more relaxing if we could talk about any topic.

"do you remember about the summer camp, hee?" you asked me out of the blue.

''of course, i do" i replied. how could i forget the day that i fell for you? "that's when i met you. and we both become friends"

a soft giggle escapes her lips. "you still remember that" she begins to stand in front of me, walking backward while facing me. "then, do you remember how embarrassing i was back then? i asked you to hug me because i'm scared of thunder!"

i only show her my small smile. "yes, i do remember that. you have also clung onto me the whole time when we're in the jungle"