› no words needed. lee hyein ‹

> warning : nothing.
> a little angst
> fluff too
> i saw this scene somewhere... couldn't remember where tho
> plot; y/n was mute, and she hates it when hyein rather use sign language more than her voice.

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

y/n observed her girlfriend hyein conversing with her in sign language. at the same time, she took a cursory glance at the group of boys laughing at them.

y/n's eyes burning hole into one of the boys who was staring at her with a smirk, he was joined by a few of his friends who snickered at them.

hyein, seemingly unaware of their presence, continued her conversation, only this time a touch more animatedly.

then, the bus finally came to a stop. y/n disembarked, pulling hyein along with her.

after a while, y/n stopped and turned to hyein, looking dissatisfied as she used sign language. "you should use your voice," she signed. "you can't pretend to be mute like me."

hyein shook her head, stubbornly refusing and smiling at the same time. "no"

y/n sighed and signed with her hands. "people will laugh at you if you keep playing mute"

hyein looked away, clearly hurt by the comment.

y/n sighed and grabbed hyein's arm, trying to get her attention. she signed again. "people will think you're making a fool of yourself if you don't use your voice"

hyein turned her head away, a tear escaping from her eye. y/n sighed and gently wiped the tear from hyein's face while signing. "you're only making this harder for yourself, use your voice"

"why can't i use sign language like you?" hyein spoke, finally using her voice. "i don't care if people laugh at me, i just want to understand you!"

y/n let out a soft sigh before pulling hyein closer. she signed. "but at least try to use your voice" and then wiped away the tears that had fallen from hyein's eyes.

hyein sniffled, then looked up at y/n with watery eyes. she reached up with both hands and gently caressed y/n's face. "i'm sorry if i'm making it harder for you to understand. i'm trying to learn" she said with a heavy heart, as she fought back tears.

y/n, touched by hyein's words, used sign language, signed to her. "my love, don't cry."

hyein's tears flowed freely as she smiled at y/n. and y/n quickly wiped away the tears with the back of her hand, then softly kissed hyein's forehead.

"don't cry my love, i'm so sorry if my words hurts you." y/n signed.

hyein lifted y/n's hand to her lips and kissed it.

y/n's eyes widened as she blushed and lowered her hand. "are you okay?" she signed to hyein.

hyein took a deep breath, her tears stopping momentarily, before speaking again. "thank you for being so understanding. i love you" she said while smiling brightly, which made her tear up again.

"i love you too, now don't cry" y/n signed back to her with a concerned smile.

- timeskip -

some time later, hyein and y/n sat on a balcony, each holding a cup of hot chocolate. hyein took a sip, closing her eyes and smiling as the sweetness hit her tastebuds.

y/n, noticing this, signed to her. "do you like your hot chocolate?"

hyein turned to face y/n, before grinning at her and nodding. she signed to her "i love it" as she took another sip, enjoying the sweet warmth radiating through her body. hyein looked out at the view from the balcony, her eyes fixed on the moonlight shining brightly in the sky.

y/n looked at hyein, who was clearly enjoying herself. it felt good to see her that way again. "you look so beautiful, my love."

hyein turned to face y/n, an embarrassed blush spreading across her face as she read the signed message. "don't make me blush more, you're making me look like a tomato" she covered her face with her hands.

y/n couldn't help but smile at hyein's embarrassment. "oh, just accept my compliment. you are beautiful"

the two of them sat in silence for a while, each enjoying the view and the silence, until eventually, hyein signed to y/n.

"can i tell you something?"

"what is it my love?" y/n signed with a smile.

"can i just kiss you please?"

y/n's heart skipped a beat as she looked over at hyein, who was still looking forward. she nodded to her, before signing. "only if you promise to kiss me back"

hyein's face was tinged with a deep shade of red as she looked over at y/n. she had never made the first move before, and she was nervous that she would mess it up. she put down her hot chocolate cup and took a deep breath.

with her heart thrumming in her ears, she placed her hand on y/n's chin and slowly directed her face towards her own. she closed her eyes and leaned in. their lips met in a sweet and tender kiss. hyein held it for a few moments before pulling back reluctantly.

y/n pulled hyein closer, not wanting to break the embrace as her heart beat rapidly in her chest. she ran her fingers through hyein's hair as they kissed again.

after a while, the two pulled apart, both of their breath heavy. hyein looked intently at y/n and signed. "can we kiss again?" before smiling innocently at her.

y/n smiled back at her, then signed. "don't think i'll say no to that"

hyein leaned forward and kissed y/n again, this time more passionately as she pulled y/n towards her. she ran her fingers through y/n's hair, before pulling away, breathing heavily. she laughed and signed to y/n. "oh my goodness, i wish i could kiss you forever"

y/n giggled as she signed back to hyein. "who says we can't?" she placed her hand on hyein's cheek and pulled her close once again.

the two were lost in each other, their hearts racing, their breaths heavy. the world around them faded away, leaving only the two of them together in that moment.

eventually, as their lips parted once again, they were left breathless and speechless by the intensity of their feelings. their eyes met, and they didn't have to say anything. they knew exactly what the other felt.

for now, the story of hyein and y/n had its ending, a story without words.