› injured. kang haerin ‹

> warning : nothing.
> fluff
> ME AND WHO ⁉️
> plot; just y/n being clingy with haerin.

- 💌 -

- haerin pov -

oh no

shit

shit!!!!

i'm late!!

i pick up my pace as i arrive at the destination for the taekwondo competition y/n is competing in.

i see that y/n is in the middle of her taekwondo match, facing off with her opponent as cheering from her supporters fills the room.

as i watch the match, i see how fiercely y/n fights. she's determined to win and her movements are quick and skilled. with each kick and punch, the crowd gets more excited.

unfortunately, y/n's opponent lands a hard punch to her stomach, causing her to lose focus from the pain and indigestion. she's soon kicked and stumbles backwards, losing control of the match.

oh no! y/n is on her period and it must be difficult for her to concentrate and move swiftly in the match.

then, i see that y/n is holding her belly in pain, but she slowly pulls herself up to her feet.

as the match continues, i see that y/n is still in pain but she is determined to fight through it to win. she moves as best she can, trying to hold back the pain while still using what she's learned in taekwondo to attack her opponent and defend herself.

however, the pain is overwhelming and she's soon kicked again, this time to the face, and she falls again. despite her efforts, y/n's opponent lands another hard kick and she loses the match.

afterwards, y/n walks off the mat, bruised and in even more pain.

i push through the crowded people around me to catch a peek over y/n – i hurry over to my girlfriend, feeling sympathetic as i see her crying on the shoulder of one of her teammates.

i put my arm around my girlfriend, trying to comfort her. "are you okay?" i asked.

what a dumb question to ask, haerin.

she looks up at me with her tear-stained face. "i was so close," she says, "i tried so hard, but her kicks were just too powerful." i hug her tightly and tell her that she'll do better next time.

"don't be hard on yourself," i say. "you did so well and i'm so proud of you." i stroke her hair and kiss her forehead. she leans her head onto my shoulder, still tearful but comforted by my presence.

"you're on your period, right?" i ask, "is your abdomen feeling okay?"

"y-yeah, my abdomen does feel a bit crampy after the punch," she says, "but it's not too bad. i took a pain reliever before the match so hopefully it'll ease sooner."

i stroke her cheek gently. "just take it easy now, okay?"

she simply nods and smiles weakly at me.

"now, let me treat your injuries," i say, wanting to make sure she's taken care of after the match.

"sure," she says. "you know best what to do for my bruises." she smiles weakly as i gently start to inspect her injuries.

after looking through everything, i notice a couple of nasty bruises on her ankles from the kicks, as well as a few scrapes on her arms and legs.

then, i take out my first-aid kit and start to patch her up, making sure to clean everything thoroughly first. she sighs in relief as the pain subsides.

after carefully treating her injuries and ensuring she is okay, i give her a hug and kiss.

"thanks for taking good care of me," she smiles at me. "i love you, haerin"

"i love you too, sweetheart" i can see the exhaustion in her eyes, but she's grateful for my concern. "let's go home now," i say gently, wrapping my arms around her.

"yeah," she agrees, leaning in to me, "i'm exhausted."

with that, together, we head home, arm-in-arm.