› single mother. danielle marsh ‹

> warning : nothing ig
> fluff
> my mother asked me why am i giggling LMFAO
> plot; js y/n being a loser
> enjoy 4000+ words

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

this is awkward.

y/n thought to herself - the sun's blazing rays baked y/n's skin as she stood in front of the school gate, waiting for her friend- crush; danielle. the heat of the sun made her whole body perspire and glow with a sheen of sweat. not a single breath of wind offered relief from the suffocating heat, and y/n was starting to feel uneasy.

she couldn't wait to see her crush, the reason why she was standing out in the sun in the first place, and the only thing that would make all this wait worthwhile.

y/n had carefully planned how the entire evening would take place. she had picked out the perfect spot to confess her feelings to danielle, and had a full idea of what she was going to say. she had even rehearsed her lines out loud, determined that tonight was the night she would finally make her feelings known.

unfortunately, things weren't going according to plan - the hot weather was making her impatient and irritable, and the delay was causing her to feel frustrated and uncertain. she couldn't stop wondering whether danielle was going to show up at all, and the longer she waited, the more worried she felt about her chances. she wished things were going as she had expected, but that wasn't the case.

the heat was oppressive, and the sweat was starting to make her clothes cling to her skin uncomfortably. y/n kept fanning herself with her hands in a futile attempt to keep cool, but the heat was relentless.

"aren't you hot standing in the heat, kid?!" the bodyguard scolded; he was not wrong, and he was worried sick that y/n might get heatstroke. his tone was firm but concerned.

y/n was startled by the abrupt and loud scolding, and felt her face go red in embarrassment. she looked down at her sweaty clothes and flushed with heat.

"i-i'm fine," she mumbled, trying to act tough but clearly struggling with the heat.

the bodyguard rolled his eyes. "you're not fooling me, kid. don't you know it's dangerous to stand out here? you're going to get sick from the heat!"

y/n knew he was right, but she didn't want to admit it. "i'm fine," y/n insisted, trying to hide just how miserable she felt. she was used to toughing it out and didn't want to be seen as weak.

"well, i'm not fine with you standing out here like this," the bodyguard said firmly. "you're coming with me, or so help me god i'm going to pick you up and carry you there!"

y/n had never seen this side of the bodyguard before, and it made her gulp a little. she decided there was no point in arguing, and followed him inside.

the bodyguard's stern manner was a bit surprising, but y/n could tell he was just looking out for her. however, the effects of the heat were still palpable, and she felt light-headed.

"you look pale," the bodyguard said in a tone of concern. "i'm going to sit you down, and if you faint, i'm not catching you."

y/n just slumped into the seat, clearly exhausted and overheated. she swears she regretted for waiting under the sun instead of staying with the bodyguard earlier.

"how was your... daughter?"

the bodyguard trying to start a small talk with her. she opened her eyes, furrowing her eyebrows as she tilts her head to the side.