› be with you. danielle marsh ‹

> warning : violence, blood and attempted murder.
> if you think this is a fluff oneshot, then you're wrong pookie 💋
> ANGST
> i just discovered a rare disease called huntington's disease. search it up.
> plot; y/n was unfortunate enough to be diagnosed with huntington's disease, a debilitating condition that affects the brain. despite the difficulties she faced, y/n's loving girlfriend, danielle, made a solemn declaration to stay by her side until the very end.

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

y/n's mother dropped her violently to the ground, saying, "i should have listened to your father and not had you."

y/n's eyes grew wide with shock, and tears began to pool in her eyes. she wiped her nose and, in an act of desperation, she hugged her mother's legs tightly.

this happened when y/n went to her mother's house to share the news of her diagnosis with huntington's disease, which she inherited from her father. her mother violently beat her up as a result.

"mother, p-please don't say that," y/n sobbed, holding tightly onto her mother's legs in desperation - y/n's grip tightened on her mother's legs. "i know you're angry, but i need you now more than ever," she pleaded. "please don't abandon me."

her mother's expression softened at the sound of her daughter's desperate plea, and she reached down to stroke y/n's teary cheek gently. "i know, i know," she murmured, her voice still stern but no longer angry. "i'm just... scared. i don't know how to handle this, and it's making me lash out at you."

y/n nodded her head, wiping her face dry. "i-i understand. it's a lot to process, and i'm scared too. b-but we can get through this together, as a family." she looked up at her mother, hoping to see some reassurance in her eyes.

her mother looked down at her, a sad smile on her face. "of course we can," she said softly. "i'm sorry for hitting you earlier. i was just so scared. but we'll get through this, no matter what. you're my daughter, and i love you more than anything in the world."

y/n's eyes filled with tears as she heard her mother's words. "i love you too, mother. and i know it won't be easy, but i promise i'll fight this with everything i have." she said, smiling weakly.

- timeskip at night -

"i'm fine now. just a little bruise, nothing serious, dani" her lips curved a small smile as she continued to giggle at hearing her girlfriend express her concern over the call. "she realized her wrongdoings, so it's alright. let's not worry too much," she added, trying to reassure her girlfriend.

"i'm glad to hear that, baby." danielle said, the concern in her voice still barely there. "i love you, y/n."

"i love you too, danielle," y/n replied, a note of tiredness seeping into her voice. despite trying to sound cheerful, the exhaustion from the day was catching up to her, and she desperately wanted to just curl up in bed and rest. "i'll see you tomorrow, okay?" she said, closing her eyes. "i love you so much."

"i love you more, baby. get some rest, okay?" danielle replied, her voice filled with concern - she could tell that y/n was exhausted, and she wanted to be there to support her in person, but she couldn't - still, knowing that she could help from afar made her feel a bit better. "i'll see you tomorrow, good night,"

with that, y/n cut the call, her body finally giving in to exhaustion as she collapsed into bed. despite the wounds she had sustained earlier, y/n slept peacefully, her hand resting on her chest as if holding the memories of her girlfriend close to her heart.