› the doctor's daughter. lee hyein ‹

> warning : slight curses, violence, and blood.
> slight angst and fluff
> hospital love ??
> plot; y/n woke up to find her in a hospital bed.

- 💌 -

- y/n pov -

it hurts.

a grunt escaped my lips, and my eyes opened slowly. the light illuminated my eyes, making me cover my eyes with my left arm.

where am i?

i got out of bed and realized i wasn't sleeping in my bed. and i'm not in my bedroom or my house. i'm in the... hospital?

the words didn't come out of my mouth. i just groaned whenever i tried to move. huh? my clothes have also changed? what happened?

my attention was drawn to the door when it opened – a girl who looked about my age was standing while staring at me. i just frowned.

then, she left without saying anything. i just frowned and got out of bed slowly.

"h-hey, don't move!"

i turned around and saw the same girl behind me. she came back with one wheelchair as she pushed it to my back, and helped me sit down on it.

"huh?"

"don't move; you'll hurt yourself," she said as she smiled at me. "i'm lee hyein, 15 years old. you?"

"toshiyuki y/n," i introduced myself. "15 years old..." i added.

"y-you're japanese!" she looks amazed to hear. "wow!! how are you so fluent in korean?" she appears curious to hear about me.

or is she mocking me for being japanese?

"my mother is korean, and my father is japanese..." i speak. "i live in korea and decide to learn korean too..."

"that's impressive! do you have a korean name?" she sits on the hospital bed.

"park y/n"

she was about to say something, but a sweet voice cut in our conversation. we both turned around and saw a doctor.

"mother!" hyein exclaims.

"are you feeling alright, y/n?" the doctor, hyein's mother, asked. she made her way close to us, and her lips formed a soft smile.

"not really..." i replied. "may i ask what happened? how did i end up being in a hospital?" i asked her.

she lets out a heavy sigh as she puts her hand on hyein's shoulder. "hyein, my daughter bought you here yesterday. you were unconscious. your body was full of wounds and bruises..."

with that, i look at my body. oh... now i remember – i was abused by my father. since my mother has been gone, he has become worse.

that night, i was severely beaten by my father just because i stepped on his wife's picture that was littered on the floor. thank god, my legs could still function, so i managed to get out and ran from the house. i got to a place, and i fainted.

and here i am, in the hospital.

"you should stay here. i don't want you to get hurt. you're still young to be like this," hyein's mother said.

"yeah! i agree!" hyein nodded her head, supporting her mother.

with that, i determined to stay in the hospital for a few weeks. i'm also close with hyein. our relationship is so close that we can't separate. wherever i go, there is hyein.

"y/n, have you been in love?" hyein ask me a question. we were hanging out in the hospital garden.

"no" i shake my head. "i'm afraid to love a boy... or even have a crush on them" i slowly turn to the side to look at her. oh my, she's so gorgeous. "i'm afraid they'll be just like my father."

"i understand you, y/n," hyein patted my shoulder. "but what about girls?"

"girls?" i tilted my head. "what do you mean, hyein?"

"i mean, do you ever feel like loving a girl?" she scoots closer to me as the both of us stare into each other's eyes.

"i don't know..." i shrugged my shoulder as i scratched my nape. "but i do feel weird when i'm around you..." i said, feeling shy out of the blue. "i don't know how to describe this feeling..." i look down.

but then, hyein cup my face and lift my head. she stares into my eyes in excitement as she raises a question, "weird? what kind of weird?"

"m-my heart..." i paused and gulped. she shouldn't look into my eyes like that. it's making me nervous. "it beats fast every time we make eye contact... o-or touch hands!" i felt my cheeks heat up. "l-like now!"

she lets out a soft giggle. "what else is weird when i'm with you?"

"the butterflies i get every time you're with me... it drives me crazy, hyein. i don't understand this feeling..." i said and sighed. "do you know what is this feeling?"

"yes, i do" hyein said with a wide smile as she leaned closer to my face. "do you want me to show you?"

i nod my head without saying anything. she grins and closes her eyes, pressing her lips against mine. i was shocked. my lips being pressed with hers; it was great to feel like this. i don't know why.

we broke the kiss, and she smiled at me widely. "that was love," she muttered and caressed my cheek. "a feeling that we'll feel in this world. but this feeling will not come once. it takes time. but most importantly, this feeling is beautiful."

so i have feelings of love, for hyein. she is indeed right. this feeling is beautiful. i feel like i'm in heaven.

"do you feel the same?" i asked. "do you love me like how i do?"

"absolutely, yes! this is the question i've been waiting for" she said in excitement as she pulled me into a tight hug. "i'm so happy to know that you love me too!"

i can't stop smiling. my cheeks hurt at this point. but it feels great. this moment will always remain in my head.

"i love you, y/n!"