› diagnosis: love. kim minji ‹

> warning : abuse, murder, and slight violence
> idk? angst and a little fluff
> plot; minji, a trained therapist has been assigned to replace doctor kang - that's when she meets y/n, the mental patient she has to deal with.
> 4000+ words

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

minji, a young doctor, sat across from her coach, unsure if she should trust her own judgment. "i'm just a practicing doctor," she worries aloud, "what if i mess up?" she looks up at her coach with concern, seeking reassurance that she'll be able to handle the situation at hand.

"it's all part of life," doctor hong, minji's coach reassures her. "unfortunately, doctor kang is injured due to one of his patients, number 101, but fear not, you'll be covering for him," he continues, placing a hand on minji's shoulder to comfort her.

the situation may seem daunting, but minji's coach has faith in her abilities and reassures her that she'll do a fine job.

minji nods, gathering her courage, and taking a deep breath to steady herself. she then looks at her coach and says, "i'll try my best..."

it seems like minji has accepted the challenge to fill in for her injured colleague, doctor kang, and is determined to do her best despite any nerves she may have.

"very well," doctor hong says with a small smile, and stands, leading the way. "let's take you to meet your patient now," he says to minji, and begins to walk, beckoning for her to follow.

as soon as minji stepped into the patient room, the first thing she noticed was the figure of a small, fragile patient - the patient was staring at the wall, her body unmoving, with a distant gaze. there was sadness in her eyes, accentuated by the dark circles under her eyes.

minji found herself drawn in by the patient's solemn expression and wondered what the story was behind her sorrow.

"this is patient 101. her name is park y/n," doctor hong paused for a moment, seemingly to gather his thoughts, "she was sent here because she took the life of the people in the orphanage she lived in," he finally says. he then pauses again, before adding, "oh, she was also abused by her parents, and they eventually died, because she killed them...." doctor hong has just dropped a rather disturbing revelation about patient 101, and minji finds herself unable to hide her shock at the tale of murder and abuse.

"well, it's not just that," doctor hong continues, "her psychological condition is quite a complex one. she was subjected to abuse for a long time, both at home and at the orphanage, and so she's had to develop certain coping mechanisms to survive."

"and what coping mechanisms would those be?" minji asks.

"well, she has this way of viewing the world through very simplistic terms," doctor hong explains, "and in general, she feels a sense of anger of having been wronged over and over by others, and so she has developed a rather disturbing..."

"...tendency to want to punish anyone that she feels like has wronged her," doctor hong continues, "she's even gone as far as to kill her parents, not only as an act of revenge, but also to protect herself from their abuse. she's a very dangerous patient," the coach warns minji, "and you need to be especially careful around her at all times. you must always maintain your professional distance and always treat her with respect. do you understand?"